Restaurants in Huntington / Ashland

Oldbird

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semi live report from Suplex -- friggin outstanding ! And the extra hot sauce is killer . Very cheap as well . Glad you pointed me in the right direction for this hole in the wall place .

No problem, much better than it looks, eh? They got it right, small menu for a small location, but everything on it is great.

I'll be dining with Bert and spindoc.

You may need them, lol, hopefully they have concealed carry permits. Sadly, that is a true story by the way. However I believe it had more to do with the Huntington-Detroit territorial issues more than crab legs heh.

Anyway, don't go on all you can eat crab legs night. Not only are you putting your life in danger, you are also potentially keeping me from getting a table.

What night do they hold it on ? Don't lie ' date=' it's a long drive :)[/quote']

It's been a while since ive been for that, honestly, I'm not really sure. I think it used to be Tuesday or Wednesday nights. It would be worth it to call and and ask though, they don't adverstise it well. They may not even do it anymore after the shooting incident, its been a while since I've been for that. I usually go for lunch these days and bring something back to cook myself.

Edit: By the way, do they still have a Damon's in Portsmouth? A friend and I were talking about the location they had in the downtown mall in Ashland. I was never a huge fan of their food, but it was decent. The best part was the atmosphere.

I can imagine, you will rarely catch me on 23 south of the I-64 line. That's a bad stretch of road.

And that is the long way. 52 south through Pritchard, Fort Gay, Crum, Kermit and Williamson is the quicker route but it is tough.

And that is the long way. 52 south through Pritchard, Fort Gay, Crum, Kermit and Williamson is the quicker route but it is tough.

Never been that way, I'm not sure I ever will, but ill keep that in mind. It sounds like its mostly backroads though, I hate those.

Damon's has been gone for years . They have something called the River Cafe or something like in there now . Typical hotel food ' date=' nothing special . Portsmouth lacks anything creative for sure .[/quote']

Damon's in Ashland had decent food, then it went downhill and they closed.

I still miss the place though, it was set up nice with four projection screens, with plenty of smaller tv's scattered around. Each table had its own speaker which would allow you to listen to the tv source you wanted, they also had trivia, which was fun.

Go to the McDonalds in Ashland... it's across from the steel mill.

The food is the food (meh)... but the store itself is one of the more recently updated... was very different than what I've ever seen.

Don't forget to bring your electric car and try out their charging station free of charge.

What night do they hold it on ? Don't lie ' date=' it's a long drive :)[/quote']

Sadly, I was just informed that they no longer have an all you can eat crab leg night. It has been replaced with a 3lb bucket of snow crabs. That's a shame, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.