LSU Fan Refuses To Give Name Of Player In Memorabelia Sale, Goes To Jail

AverageJoesGym

25-year-old LSU fan Fletcher Sanders loves his team so much that he will literally go to jail for it.

Sanders, a Baton Rouge shoe store employee, was recently contacted by police who said an investigation revealed he sold game-used gloves and cleats from the Tigers’ October victory over Ole Miss on eBay.

Police told Sanders he would be arrested if he did not cooperate and disclose the name of the player for whom he was selling the equipment. In a most baller move, Sanders said “Do what you have to do. I am not going to be responsible for ruining someone’s career,” according to the report.

He was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and was released on Tuesday, posting $3,000 bail.

Viva la revolucion.

Now that's dedication.

Link: LSU Football: Fan Refuses to Name Player in Memorabilia Sale, Goes to - Lost Lettermen

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did the guy do that was illegal?
My guess would be contempt of court or interfering with an investigation (not sure what the legal charge is called).

If the players gave him the stuff to sell, then there can't be any legal issue there for him.

My guess would be contempt of court or interfering with an investigation (not sure what the legal charge is called).

If the players gave him the stuff to sell, then there can't be any legal issue there for him.

That's what I was thinking. The article didn't really clarify.

Why can't there be? If the merchandise was property of LSU, and not the player then it's receiving stolen property.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what he did that was illegal.