Covington Catholic 70 Highlands 37

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parker Harris needs to get more shots which will help open up the outside shot for Ball. CCH had no real issue shutting down Ball from the 3 point line tonite. While I'm not sure how much credit/blame goes to CCH D, HHS scheme, or Harris' effort I do know that he didn't get enough looks. His pull-up game is nice. He's very athletic and can go to the rim.

I thought Cooper T played really well. CVH did as well - never forced anything. Bo was solid as usual.

Romes did what Romes does - score at the rim and rebound.

They still need a 5th contributor IMO to get them out of the 9th. That still has time to come.

I think they are missing some toughness that Schult and Heppler provided. Schult got a lot of clean-up points over the last two years. Tough to replace, played bigger than he was. Will hurt them against bigger teams down the road.

CVH looked strong. Harris definitely needs more touches. The Birds are clearly undersized and need to do better at blocking out. Saw alot of staring at the shots and not enough getting a hiney on someone. Just my 2 cents.

Hebel is so wide, they should also get him more looks near the basket so he can draw fouls and get to the line.

Colonels didn't look like worldbeaters that's for sure. They will need some toughness in the tournament and I'm not sure who will slow down McDonald and Weyer for NCC.

Ball hit a 3 midway through the 2nd qtr to make it 17-15 Covcath...Colonels responded with a ridiculous run to put the game out of reach.

Theobald and CVH both looked really good last night. CVH is so smooth with the rock going to the rim and with his pull up J....Schuh had his moments but will have to stay out of foul trouble for the Colonels to make a serious run at the 9th region title. Romes and Schumate will determine how successful this team can be. Everyone knows what the above trio is going to bring every game.

Covcath's 2-2-1 press really wore on the Birds as the game progressed. Highlands simply didn't have the athletes or ball handlers to continue to handle it with success. CCH will have to bring more intensity early though or better teams will break that press and get a lot of easy baskets in transition. They seemed to come out a little flat but credit the coaching staff for whatever they said in the lockerroom at halftime because the Colonels looked like a completely different team in the second half.