Wireman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just don't understand it...

Pelini was 67-27 overall and won at least 9 games EVERY season that he was head coach at Nebraska.

Riley was 93-80 overall and won at least 9 games 4 times in 14 seasons at Oregon State

Now I know it's more difficult to win at Oregon State, but this move is shocking to me.

Cowherd said on his show today that his sources are telling him that Nebraska reached out to many coaches and was hearing the words "not interested" from them. They may have gotten a little desperate as this does not seem like an upgrade to me at all.

Here are 5 comments from the Nebraska message board:

"ummmm....if true, we were potentially better off with Bo. This is in no way a splash hire."

"Where's the Charles Barkley turreble meme "

"WOW - There is your splash hire."

"Well....I'll hold off judgment. But this sucks."

"Bleakness for Nebraska football never ends. He will be gone in 2-3 years."

It seems like the AD has really rallied the fans together...in a bad way.

I just don't understand it...

Pelini was 67-27 overall and won at least 9 games EVERY season that he was head coach at Nebraska.

Riley was 93-80 overall and won at least 9 games 4 times in 14 seasons at Oregon State

Now I know it's more difficult to win at Oregon State, but this move is shocking to me.

This may not be an upgrade, but Nebraska is a much better job than Oregon State. He pretty much maxed out his abilities at Oregon State.

I don't care how nice you are, if you are 6 - 6 every year people will grow tired very quickly. I don't know if this was a bridge hire in Husker land and will go after someone else in a couple of years, or the Adminstration couldn't stand Pelini and just wanted him gone reguardless of who they could find. He was 9 - 3 this year and they wouldn't even let him stay to coach the bowl game. Sounds like someone way up the food chain in Nebraska was just wanting him out.

Yeah, I know it'll be much easier to win at Nebraska but still.

I'm with you. I predict the AD will go before the football coach goes this time. You don't fire a guy with Pelini's record without having a slam dunk hire ready to go. I do think that there are some good coaches out there in bad jobs. I would say Mike Riley is one of those.