Dalton haters...what would you do now?

Dalton simply is a mid-level QB (like Sam Bradford, Carson Palmer) who can do nice things if he has a solid offensive line and a good group of receivers. When injuries hit, however, he lacks the physical tools to pick up the slack with less-than-adequate reserves. Dalton's not going anywhere. He will be the Bengals' QB next year and the year after that.

I agree with this. I also think Dalton cannot handle high pressure. He cracks in big games and he cracks when big play opportunities are there. Nothing is absolute. He makes great plays at times. But he cannot do it consistently and he becomes even more inconsistent under pressure.

Dalton is at best as good as the cast around him. He cannot elevate the level of his team's play. The cast around him right now is not good. The offensive line is overrated and they haven't had their starting lineup on the field all year. The defensive line has been run over top of by several teams. There are no linebackers that can make plays. The corners can't shut down any receivers. Everything is scheme driven and reliant on guessing right by the coaches. The games the Bengals have been dominated, the coaches have been out guessed.

There is nothing the Bengals can do this year. Campbell has been proven to be worse than Dalton. McCarron is not available, right? Isn't he on one of the injured lists?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton was abysmal the other night. But, the rest of the team was too. I can't think of anyone wearing orange and black that got anywhere near the vicinity of having a good game. The Bengals are far from out of it and Dalton gives them the best chance to do anything. Maybe the Bengals should start eyeing the draft, but Campbell/McCarron aren't in the conversation as an answer.

I'm saying he's no less a quarterback than some of guys on list. Even Ken Anderson was booed out of the first game when they went to Super Bowl XVI. It will be different team when the injuries start to heal.

With Jones out for the year and now Eifert out for the year possibly and Gio maybe not back for the next game........that could be next year.

I'm saying he's no less a quarterback than some of guys on list. Even Ken Anderson was booed out of the first game when they went to Super Bowl XVI. It will be different team when the injuries start to heal.

Please don't mention Dalton in the same sentence with Ken Anderson. Anderson was a league MVP one year and was a stud IMO. Dalton is not worthy to carry his gym bag..

Dalton is not the QB for the Bengals to get to where all teams want to go. He's a mid-level QB, and those guys just don't win anymore.

Flacco may be the worst of the QBs to recently win a Super Bowl, but no one in their right mind wouldn't take him over Dalton.

Don't get me wrong, he's an improvement over Palmer and what he gave Cincy but the talent level is too high for the Bengals to place their hopes on AD.

JMO.

Comparing the QB's from the 79's 80's etc is silly

Qb's today have everything going for them. Db's can't even breath on the WR's withiut getting flagged. Back then they could mug the Wr all the way down field. If you cNt throw for 60% and have a rating over 90 today you are a bad QB.

Comparing the QB's from the 79's 80's etc is silly

Qb's today have everything going for them. Db's can't even breath on the WR's withiut getting flagged. Back then they could mug the Wr all the way down field. If you cNt throw for 60% and have a rating over 90 today you are a bad QB.

I agree it is silly to compare but even worse...............back in the 70s and 80s Defensive Linemen could club a O lineman in the head then pick up the QB and body slam him. Watching those old Raider vs Chiefs games from late 60s and early 70s is like watching a movie.

I agree it is silly to compare but even worse...............back in the 70s and 80s Defensive Linemen could club a O lineman in the head then pick up the QB and body slam him. Watching those old Raider vs Chiefs games from late 60s and early 70s is like watching a movie.

I used to love watching the Raiders and Steelers play eachother, no love lost in any of those games lol

If you give up on Dalton, you essentially are forfeiting the next year or so. Unless you think you can draft or sign a QB better. When I opened this thread, I was expecting to see some suggestions that don't include the word Campbell or McCarron. Because we all know that neither of them are the immediate answer.

If you give up on Dalton, you essentially are forfeiting the next year or so. Unless you think you can draft or sign a QB better. When I opened this thread, I was expecting to see some suggestions that don't include the word Campbell or McCarron. Because we all know that neither of them are the immediate answer.

I agree with you, there is no immediate answer. That brings up another question then, do you continue to go with something that you know doesn't work or do you move on to something new? In the end whether you stay with Dalton or go with someone else, I doubt (Boy I hope I'm wrong) either solution will bring a SB Championship to the Bengals next year.

As someone who thinks Dalton is awful and very overrated...We are stuck with him for now so I'm hoping the defense wakes up and starts playing like they are capable of. They need to play well to make up for the horrible QB play from AD.

Is Fitzpatrick available from Houston now? I'd trade for him just to get that beard in Cincy.

As someone who thinks Dalton is awful and very overrated...We are stuck with him for now so I'm hoping the defense wakes up and starts playing like they are capable of. They need to play well to make up for the horrible QB play from AD.

Is Fitzpatrick available from Houston now? I'd trade for him just to get that beard in Cincy.

4 years older with a QB rating several points lower than Dalton's? I don't like the beard that much.

The defense has collapsed. They can't stop the run nor the pass. What is going on with them?