Votto closes the Joey Votto Foundation

NKY Bandit

What does closing a foundation have to do with baseball or Cincinnati? Could Votto not simply keep his foundation running in any other city he went to if he didn't like Cincinnati? Believe it or not it is completely possible that Votto just made a business decision that worked best for him. And to say it makes him look bad is a little much. You have no idea what may have been going on with the foundation.

Can't disagree here.

I think Votto has incredible talent, better than almost anyone else when he's at his best, but he has NO idea or want to put his talent and the mental part of the game together. He just doesn't have IT. Something is missing there. Don't see any passion from him. Sometimes you get a glimpse of emotion but rarely. I'm just not a fan. Knew it was a bad deal from the start but didn't know how bad.

But I don't see how closing his organization ties into dislike for the city, I guess.

You do realize he has read about every book ever written on hitting a baseball, right? He's also looked at about everything Ted Williams and other greats did.

Guy just seems societally detatched. Doesn't seem like he understands that his talent should be the bedrock of a team. He seems to be of the mindset, "I'll do my job, everyone should go do there's." Would be nice if he showed just a little initiative. When you admit in articles that you had to go out of your way to have a conversation with teammates, that's a red herring from your star. ESPECIALLY when he's going to be collecting 20mil+ for the forseeable future and eating up the roster's payroll.

On the first bolded, I totally agree. Seems almost autistic at times. Just very awkward publicly.

On the second, may have something to do with the first. However, it may also be because many of the best players don't get why everyone can't do their job. Pick the sport, most of the great players are the same way.

On the last, it's not his fault the Reds gave him this contract. They should have known what they were getting into.