Next person to jump White House fence

I know you are being sarcastic, but to those supporters: it appears from the photos that when this guy is told to get on the ground by the security officers, he is doing it with his hands up. If others did what officers asked, whether they like it..think it is right, or not, there would be fewer problems.

I would be willing to bet if this guy had charged the officers, he would be dead.

Nope. I was being dead serious and simply reporting what Michael Brown supporters are saying. I've never declared myself a supporter one way or another. Just trying to keep people in tune with what the black community is saying. This has double meaning for them. A lot of the black community feels like the Obama criticism is because he is black so the fact that a non black person climbed the White House fence with weapons is disheartening to them. In their eyes this dude should have been shot as soon as he was seen.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I was being dead serious and simply reporting what Michael Brown supporters are saying. I've never declared myself a supporter one way or another. Just trying to keep people in tune with what the black community is saying. This has double meaning for them. A lot of the black community feels like the Obama criticism is because he is black so the fact that a non black person climbed the White House fence with weapons is disheartening to them. In their eyes this dude should have been shot as soon as he was seen.

I agree with them, he should have been shot, if not able to be immediately detained.

I completely understand their thinking on this... IMO its not apples to apples though...but I get it.

I dont think I'll ever understand that point of view , there are nearly ZERO commonalities with the two situations. Obeying the police and charging the police are opposites right ?

Those supporters will look at the situation like, "If he was black and hopped the WH fence, he would have been shot immediately, no questions asked." Right or wrong, that is the mindset.

Those supporters will look at the situation like, "If he was black and hopped the WH fence, he would have been shot immediately, no questions asked." Right or wrong, that is the mindset.

Until people understand that this is the mindset dominates the black community then all discussions on race are fruitless. Maybe one day............

Nah.....who am I fooling......:lol2: :lol2:

Until people understand that this is the mindset dominates the black community then all discussions on race are fruitless. Maybe one day............

Nah.....who am I fooling......:lol2: :lol2:

So you are saying there is no possibility blacks are going to change their mindset?

That "mindset" is self-defeating. It is just another version of the blame game, and nobody who plays it ever wins.

I understand the " you have never walked in my shoes as a black male " statement. Likewise I'd guess a black guy has never been part of a group beaten by a group of young black males ( sadly I have , as a youngster ) But as a rational adult I dont make judgements about Michael Brown or this fence jumper strictly thru racial lenses.

I don't think our posters think that way, but it doesn't surprise me there is a "mindset". But frankly there are "mindsets" all over the place...every group, every race, has one or can develop one. But at the end of the day, they are unproductive, and at some point WE have to say, stop it.