My Top 10 in NKY This Week

BillyBob1967

1) Cov. Cath- Think they have without a doubt played the best sch. and look very good as well to this point

2) Highlands- Very nice team, but just think Cov.Cath get'um this year

3) SK- very good looking team, with about 5-6 College prospects I'm hearing, but have played nobody, and won't, except Cooper this week, until district play. We'll see.

4) Dixie- Eyeball test against Beechwood, I realize they play a lot of guys both ways, but the one's that play both ways are awfully good, like Div. 1 and Div. 2 good, at least 6 of there players anyway. IMO.

5) Campbell County- Huge team, not super athlectic though. Think both SK and Dixie will cause real problems for the Camels down the road. Think both SK and Dixie can and will slow down CC running game, big time.

6) Cooper- Young team, that plays hard, will only get better.

7) Beechwood- Relax, they'll be just fine, and make a deep run in the playoffs.

8) Scott- Nice but think anyone of the above teams would beat them.

9) Lloyd- Great job by the young Juggs, nice story for this Erlanger program.

10) Ryle- Scoring 55pt. has to mean something, they are young, and will get better.

Again this is JMO. I've seen CC, Dixie, Cooper, and Beechwood, and Cov. Cath. and (Big M) to this point. Best of luck to all these teams this season. I'll see both SK, and NCC this week, next week might be different.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without violating our rules I would be real motivated to believe Lloyd would not beat Ryle or Boone.

For argument's sake I will use Boone. Lafayette beat LexCath and lost to the defending big school champs by a TD and Boone was only down by a TD late in the game to them.

I am sure Lloyd has improved but it is a big step up beating a 6A team, even bad ones.

I am with Guru on Lloyd. Their schedule has been very weak so far. Until they play someone of any significance, I have doubts.

I also can't go with CCH over Highlands, even though you may be right. The fact that CCH hasn't beaten Highlands within recent memory keeps me from making that change until CCH beats them. End of story for me on that one.

Without violating our rules I would be real motivated to believe Lloyd would not beat Ryle or Boone.

For argument's sake I will use Boone. Lafayette beat LexCath and lost to the defending big school champs by a TD and Boone was only down by a TD late in the game to them.

I am sure Lloyd has improved but it is a big step up beating a 6A team, even bad ones.

So I should put ALL the 6A schools in the top 10, just because, after # 5 or # 6 does it really mater anyway, just giving the little guy some love. BTW I think Ryle is better then Boone Co. JMO.

You're ok with CovCath being ahead of Highlands?

It's a valid argument. Not saying one SHOULD be ahead of the other, but it's a good point for discussion. I wouldn't argue with anyone that had either team ahead of the other.

Lloyd at #9?

:eek:

I am with Guru on Lloyd. Their schedule has been very weak so far. Until they play someone of any significance, I have doubts.

I also can't go with CCH over Highlands, even though you may be right. The fact that CCH hasn't beaten Highlands within recent memory keeps me from making that change until CCH beats them. End of story for me on that one.

Count me in this Club as well.

Look at who Lloyd has played so far......Dayton, Holmes, & Owen Co really don't "strike fear" in anyone.

Dayton 1-3, with a 5pt win vs. Brossart.

Holmes 1-3, with a 14pt win vs. Holy Cross

Owen Co. 0-4

Prepare to be destroyed! How dare you rank someone (anyone) ahead of Highlands. :popcorn:

I think most (obviously not all) HHS fans are ok with it as we'll know soon enough anyway. CCH looked very good against Dixie, particularly when you take into account the Dixie/Bchwd result. Nobody up here could do much better against Moeller either. It's been talked about for quite a while that this could very well be the year for CCH.

1) Cov. Cath- Think they have without a doubt played the best sch. and look very good as well to this point

2) Highlands- Very nice team, but just think Cov.Cath get'um this year

3) SK- very good looking team, with about 5-6 College prospects I'm hearing, but have played nobody, and won't, except Cooper this week, until district play. We'll see.

4) Dixie- Eyeball test against Beechwood, I realize they play a lot of guys both ways, but the one's that play both ways are awfully good, like Div. 1 and Div. 2 good, at least 6 of there players anyway. IMO.

5) Campbell County- Huge team, not super athlectic though. Think both SK and Dixie will cause real problems for the Camels down the road. Think both SK and Dixie can and will slow down CC running game, big time.

6) Cooper- Young team, that plays hard, will only get better.

7) Beechwood- Relax, they'll be just fine, and make a deep run in the playoffs.

8) Scott- Nice but think anyone of the above teams would beat them.

9) Lloyd- Great job by the young Juggs, nice story for this Erlanger program.

10) Ryle- Scoring 55pt. has to mean something, they are young, and will get better.

Again this is JMO. I've seen CC, Dixie, Cooper, and Beechwood, and Cov. Cath. and (Big M) to this point. Best of luck to all these teams this season. I'll see both SK, and NCC this week, next week might be different.

I have no issue with someone thinking CC is better than HHS at this point, but I would like to understand the "without a doubt played the best schedule" a little better. Outside of playing Moe (and getting beat bad) where does the "without a doubt" come into play? Does having a bad loss to Moe put their entire schedule out of reach from the others.