Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Top 10 in NKY This Week

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't fret about where Highlands is in a week 4 poll and I don't fret about Highlands' talent being considered low this year. Obviously, you can't win every single game every year and blowouts are certainly no fun for either team. But when I look in the mirror, I see 100 years of tradition that includes 855 wins through the 2013 season and 22 state championships. If CovCath wins next week, I'm pretty sure life will go on in the Fort.

 

Well said, and I will also add that there were less talented Highlands teams who brought home the state title. It wasn't that long ago that a mediocre HHS team won it all.

 

One hundred years of football with 22 state titles, not including the unofficial titles(maybe 3 or 4 of them).

 

I'll take 25% all day long. Go Birds!

Highlands is number 1 until someone knocks them off from NKY.

Highlands is number 1 until someone knocks them off from NKY.

Always hated that way of thinking.

And before I ruffle any feathers, this is why I always hated that way of thinking. It's because this is HS football. High School, where teams are different every year due to graduation etc.

 

The same argument was made last year half way through the season when T was piling up the losses but T fans kept saying they should be #1 until

Someone from KY beat them which was silly because they were getting beat by every out of state team and hasn't played a ky team yet and everyone knew BG was the best team in the state.

 

I'm not saying HHS isn't #1 but don't use that excuse to keep them there. Cov Cath could be the best team, it's a matter of opinion.

Always hated that way of thinking.

 

Not saying I agree or disagree. But curious who you think would be number 1 in NKY right now and how do you come to that conclusion? (and no, you can't say Cooper!)

And before I ruffle any feathers, this is why I always hated that way of thinking. It's because this is HS football. High School, where teams are different every year due to graduation etc.

 

The same argument was made last year half way through the season when T was piling up the losses but T fans kept saying they should be #1 until

Someone from KY beat them which was silly because they were getting beat by every out of state team and hasn't played a ky team yet and everyone knew BG was the best team in the state.

 

I'm not saying HHS isn't #1 but don't use that excuse to keep them there. Cov Cath could be the best team, it's a matter of opinion.

 

How do we know? Did they play Collins or Scott Co?

How do we know? Did they play Collins or Scott Co?

 

How do you ever know who truly is the best team? Teams don't play every other team. BG was the most dominate team and with their schedule I believe they were clearly the best. You may disagree but I would wager the majority would agree with BG as 1

How do we know? Did they play Collins or Scott Co?

 

Did Collins of Scott Co play Cooper?

How do you ever know who truly is the best team? Teams don't play every other team. BG was the most dominate team and with their schedule I believe they were clearly the best. You may disagree but I would wager the majority would agree with BG as 1

 

A lot of people may agree without knowing a lot about it because they heard about the streak. But There were many that felt Male, SC and even HHS at one point were still better than BG. And until Collins played with and beat HHS, no one felt they were, but they turned a lot of heads at the end. I'm just saying the BG had a lot of hype, so many would side with your opinion. But I wouldn't say they were the clear cut favorite at the end of the year. They beat St X by two td's that was an okay St X team, they beat two Tennessee teams (one was 11-3 and the other was 4-8). They beat JH by less than what HHS beat them and HHS played them at JH. So even though HHS ended up being number two in 4A, they would still be in consideration for competing with BG. That means you can add Collins, SC and Male in my opinion. BG was very good and very well could have smoked them all, but I'm not sold that they would have beat all the teams mentioned or would have been as clear cut "best team" if it weren't for the streak they were on.

A lot of people may agree without knowing a lot about it because they heard about the streak. But There were many that felt Male, SC and even HHS at one point were still better than BG. And until Collins played with and beat HHS, no one felt they were, but they turned a lot of heads at the end. I'm just saying the BG had a lot of hype, so many would side with your opinion. But I wouldn't say they were the clear cut favorite at the end of the year. They beat St X by two td's that was an okay St X team, they beat two Tennessee teams (one was 11-3 and the other was 4-8). They beat JH by less than what HHS beat them and HHS played them at JH. So even though HHS ended up being number two in 4A, they would still be in consideration for competing with BG. That means you can add Collins, SC and Male in my opinion. BG was very good and very well could have smoked them all, but I'm not sold that they would have beat all the teams mentioned or would have been as clear cut "best team" if it weren't for the streak they were on.

 

Let's be honest. The only ones who thought Higlands was better than BG last year would be a few Higlands fans and that is it.

 

BG last year wasn't hype. The year before maybe, this year possibly, but last year not at all.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.