9th Region- Final Four

I think that could be the difference in this game is the will of these seniors. Ben G. will be the leader he needs to be in getting them motivated. Jeff, Greg, Tanner, Michael, and Chad want to make that trip to Lexington in a week and they know that it goes through Cov Cath and either Dixie or NCC. I don't think there will be any lack of focus on their part.

One thing that has always bothered me is when people speak of these types of things. Do you really think that HHS will be any more motivated than CCH? It's the regional semi-finals, for crying out loud. If you need someone to motivate you to play in these games then you might need someone to check your pulse too.

Senior leadership is big, but not as big as some people would like to think. The most important thing about having senior leadership is how they respond to adversity (i.e. CCH jumps out to a 15 point lead in the 1st quarter or vice versa.). I think both of these teams are prepared & led by quality young men.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the region a 2 team race now or will the winner of the HHS/CCH game be so drained that the other semi winner could knock them off and take the region? Or take away the "drained" comment and go with could Dixie or NCC beat the winner of the other semi?

Is the region a 2 team race now or will the winner of the HHS/CCH game be so drained that the other semi winner could knock them off and take the region? Or take away the "drained" comment and go with could Dixie or NCC beat the winner of the other semi?

In no way shape or form will Dixie or NCC just roll over for the HHS / CCH winner; however, I think whoever wins the Birds / Colonels matchup will be the favorite.

These players are 16, 17 & 18 years old. I can assure you that Coach Schlarman & Listerman practice these kids so that the games are "easy". I don't know what type of depth that HHS has (I don't remember it being much, though) but CCH has enough depth to play on back-to-back days. I'd imagine that HHS does as well. Friday will be a battle, but the winner will be so high on emotions & adrenaline that it does not matter.

In no way shape or form will Dixie or NCC just roll over for the HHS / CCH winner; however, I think whoever wins the Birds / Colonels matchup will be the favorite.

These players are 16, 17 & 18 years old. I can assure you that Coach Schlarman & Listerman practice these kids so that the games are "easy". I don't know what type of depth that HHS has (I don't remember it being much, though) but CCH has enough depth to play on back-to-back days. I'd imagine that HHS does as well. Friday will be a battle, but the winner will be so high on emotions & adrenaline that it does not matter.

HHS plays 3 kids off the bench....Smith/Hudy/Eaton and they all have different qualities. smith is a banger who can play tough D and is thick.....Hudy can knock down the 3 and defend decently and Eaton is Mr. Intangible. Plays tough man - man D and is all over the floor. If left open he can hit the 3. Remember, these are 3 SR's....

I don't know much about cCH's bench. Only guys I see as being a factor are obviously Jacobs/Tierney....Young/Noll down low....Bovard from 3pt land and maybe the Schult kid coming in and giving a blow....other than that I was not impressed last night with anybody else off of their bench. The Brown kid looked shaky at best. It was the only time I have seen them but the names I mentioned seem to be the keys for HHS to watch out for.

So far in the regionals I'm am 4 for 4. I've picked the Red and Blue Colonels to play in the finals and still am picking them. CCH will have hell of fight friday, but thats the way they like it. CCH might even be losing by halftime, but like many have said on here lately, the Colonels have played great in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I expect the same and see CCH winning this one by 5-10 points.

As for Dixie, I don't see a let down game happening here. The biggest problem for them is going to be stopping "THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE", Zack Kiernan. But my belief is that Dixie will get him in foul trouble and also run and gun so much that it will wear down the breds. Dixie is much deeper and they will pull this one off, thank to a big games by Lawson, Keener, and Gronefeld. Dixie wins by 10-14

One thing that has always bothered me is when people speak of these types of things. Do you really think that HHS will be any more motivated than CCH? It's the regional semi-finals, for crying out loud. If you need someone to motivate you to play in these games then you might need someone to check your pulse too.

Senior leadership is big, but not as big as some people would like to think. The most important thing about having senior leadership is how they respond to adversity (i.e. CCH jumps out to a 15 point lead in the 1st quarter or vice versa.). I think both of these teams are prepared & led by quality young men.

Ok, are you done trashing my post. I think a lot can be said for senior leadership. This is the first time HHS has had good senior leadership in over three years. Last year they had no seniors, two years ago they had three seniors but only one of them was a true team player. I think that is the difference for this HHS team. 22-7 this year vs 7-19 or something last year with no difference in personnel or coaching. So I will give HHS the nod for that.

And that is my opinion, whether you like it or not.

I do recall HHS beating Cov Cath on a Friday night in January and then coming back and beating NCC the next night. Could that be a repeat performance this weekend. Oh and by the way both of those were away games against major crowds. Birds have been there and done that!

HHS plays 3 kids off the bench....Smith/Hudy/Eaton and they all have different qualities. smith is a banger who can play tough D and is thick.....Hudy can knock down the 3 and defend decently and Eaton is Mr. Intangible. Plays tough man - man D and is all over the floor. If left open he can hit the 3. Remember, these are 3 SR's....

I don't know much about cCH's bench. Only guys I see as being a factor are obviously Jacobs/Tierney....Young/Noll down low....Bovard from 3pt land and maybe the Schult kid coming in and giving a blow....other than that I was not impressed last night with anybody else off of their bench. The Brown kid looked shaky at best. It was the only time I have seen them but the names I mentioned seem to be the keys for HHS to watch out for.

Gryche - just a friendly fyi: Smith doesn't come off the bench. He is a starter for the Birds. Vories, Johnson, Guidugli, Smith, and Simpson. He began the season as a starter until a bad ankle injury at Bourbon County and regained that starting position about mid February.

So far in the regionals I'm am 4 for 4. I've picked the Red and Blue Colonels to play in the finals and still am picking them. CCH will have hell of fight friday, but thats the way they like it. CCH might even be losing by halftime, but like many have said on here lately, the Colonels have played great in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I expect the same and see CCH winning this one by 5-10 points.

As for Dixie, I don't see a let down game happening here. The biggest problem for them is going to be stopping "THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE", Zack Kiernan. But my belief is that Dixie will get him in foul trouble and also run and gun so much that it will wear down the breds. Dixie is much deeper and they will pull this one off, thank to a big games by Lawson, Keener, and Gronefeld. Dixie wins by 10-14

I don't see this happening to NewCath. I think the NCC guards will keep up with Keener and Gronefeld and Kiernan will take over in the middle. I predict about a 5 point win for the Breds!

If you don't know much about the Colonel's bench then you probably shouldn't comment, which is why I don't talk about HHS. One game does not give an accurate viewing of the team. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but to say that kids like Landrum don't contriubute is off base. Each player on this team has stepped it up in games where they needed to most, and I expect for that to be the case for the rest of the year. The kids from CCH will tell you that it was a poorly played game (even though they won by 19). Friday I expect to see a totally different team. Just my two cents.

Ok, are you done trashing my post. I think a lot can be said for senior leadership. This is the first time HHS has had good senior leadership in over three years. Last year they had no seniors, two years ago they had three seniors but only one of them was a true team player. I think that is the difference for this HHS team. 22-7 this year vs 7-19 or something last year with no difference in personnel or coaching. So I will give HHS the nod for that.

And that is my opinion, whether you like it or not.

I am not trashing your post. I am fairly confident that I have an idea what I'm talking about when it comes to tournament games, whether or not I have your approval. Thanks and good luck on Friday.