Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region- Final Four

Featured Replies

I just dont see Highlands beating covcath twice in the same year...but then again I also said the same about Covcath not beating Holmes twice in the same year last year after the close first game.....this will be a classic.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 times out of 10 CCH does not lose a 10 point lead. In the same token... 9 times out of 10 Highlands does not put themselves into a 10 point hole. This game will be a battle, I'm looking forward to it.

I think CCH has the better pure basketball talent; however, HHS is not far behind and knows that they can come from behind to win a game. The win @ CCH earlier in the season is big, but I don't think it's representative of the way these two teams are playing.

 

Should be a good one.

I honestly believe the third q in the CCH-Birds game will dictate the winner. If the birds have lead or tie at half, i would dribble the first four minutes of the 3rd to run clock. If the Birds can hold and contain the 3rd and put themselves in a position to when with 2 minutes to go in the game they will. On the other end of the spectrum, if CovCath is hot behind the arc and Tim and TJ are on its gonna be tough to watch. I just hope the games are called like they have been and the refs let them play. I also hope HHS bench can provide the spark they have been lately. Gonna be a battle, can't wait!

What are the times for the games? I'm guessing 6:00 and 7:45 again but who's first?

NC and Dixie play first. I believe the game was either 5:30 or 6:00:confused: .

 

HHS and CCH will be the second game around 8:00. The gym will be cleared before this game. Parking may be a problem for the second game. You may have many staying from the first game.

The Dixie-NCC game begins at 5:30.

 

Clear the gym.

 

Highlands-CovCath around 8:15, I think.

A Bird mom quicker to the reply than the Blue Colonel mom....

 

 

hope it's not a "sign." :scared:

A Bird mom quicker to the reply than the Blue Colonel mom....

 

 

hope it's not a "sign." :scared:

 

Not a sign at all. I was just really excited that I actually could answer something in the Basketball thread. I'm not as verse on basketball as I am on that fall sport, you know the one with the egg shaped ball.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Someone has to get on here and say that the bluebirds will be ready for Cov Cath.

Birds win on a last second shot. Its De Ja Vu all over again:thumb:

CCH playing too well right now not to win this one. They seem to be peaking at the right time.

CCH 65

Highlands 59

I think if HHS can play tough man-man defense they can limit the open looks that Jacobs and Tierney will need to be effective. With that said, they will also need to stop the dribble penetration of these 2 guys because they are tough. Last night Tierney made a pass to an open guy underneath from the FT line off a hard dribble that I knew he was going to make before he even got the ball. A mark of a true guard... always seeing things before they happen. Vories is a lot like this.....whenever he gets the ball on the break it seems the ball is 2 feet ahead of him and he is on you in an instant.

 

Rebounding and Defense will win this game... I expect Listerman to start in the man-man also so it will be a physically draining ballgame for both squads. Whoever wins will have their work cut out for them in the final 22 hours later.

Good luck Birds..... SR's... play it like it is the last game you will ever play and leave it on the floor.

I think if HHS can play tough man-man defense they can limit the open looks that Jacobs and Tierney will need to be effective. With that said, they will also need to stop the dribble penetration of these 2 guys because they are tough. Last night Tierney made a pass to an open guy underneath from the FT line off a hard dribble that I knew he was going to make before he even got the ball. A mark of a true guard... always seeing things before they happen. Vories is a lot like this.....whenever he gets the ball on the break it seems the ball is 2 feet ahead of him and he is on you in an instant.

 

Rebounding and Defense will win this game... I expect Listerman to start in the man-man also so it will be a physically draining ballgame for both squads. Whoever wins will have their work cut out for them in the final 22 hours later.

Good luck Birds..... SR's... play it like it is the last game you will ever play and leave it on the floor.

 

I think that could be the difference in this game is the will of these seniors. Ben G. will be the leader he needs to be in getting them motivated. Jeff, Greg, Tanner, Michael, and Chad want to make that trip to Lexington in a week and they know that it goes through Cov Cath and either Dixie or NCC. I don't think there will be any lack of focus on their part.

A key for CCH is moving without the ball. HHS' man-to-man defense involves a lot of switching, which can be tricky at times. If CCH can continue to move without the ball they will get a lot of mismatches, backdoor cuts and good looks at the basket.

 

I expect CCH to come out man to man as well, but I wish they would play some type of matchup zone. HHS has a few guys who can knock down the 3, but that would not be my main concern as a CCH coach / player. Stop Vories' penetration and make them knock down a few 3's first.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.