Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region- Final Four

Featured Replies

BTW, 3 years ago they had 3 quality seniors - the problem was, they had no experienced talent around them.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

QUOTE]

 

Brown is for defense only. Some have said he is the best defensive guard in NKY.

I hope the birds have there defensive mojo flowing friday nite.

 

I think the two biggest differences in this game and the one in JAN are Vories and Tierney. Tierney was coming off an injury and was a little timid in that first game. Vories lately has been on his second legs. It seems as though he gets tired easier (i know its been along season) than he did earlier on. In the first game Vories was everywhere and seemed fresh all game. Vories did run the floor good against Ludlow and hopefully is back.

 

If we can get Tierney, Jacobs, or Landrum in fouls trouble I honestly believe our bench even though a bit smaller than CCH will play better.

 

Finally if the game is tied with 2 minutes to go I believe the Birds win, no offense to the kids at CCH, just an edge to Schalrman and defense from the Birds. Can't wait, counting down the hours!

  • Author

I hope that Simpson, Vories, and Guidugli will forget Bovard as some of the users on here have. The "rebirth" of this team has been due in a large part to his involvement in the offense.

BTW, 3 years ago they had 3 quality seniors - the problem was, they had no experienced talent around them.

 

They had three seniors all good kids but none of them were team players. That team lost the ball more trying to play one on one more than any HHS team I have ever seen. Again, they were all nice players but could not get it going. The leadership was not there. ONe of those seniors showed no respect for the underclassment at all, treated them badly, and thus couldn't get the team to gel. This years seniors welcome the play of McGraw and Simpson, they understand they need the entire team playing their roles to get to the next level.

So far in the regionals I'm am 4 for 4. I've picked the Red and Blue Colonels to play in the finals and still am picking them. CCH will have hell of fight friday, but thats the way they like it. CCH might even be losing by halftime, but like many have said on here lately, the Colonels have played great in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I expect the same and see CCH winning this one by 5-10 points.

 

As for Dixie, I don't see a let down game happening here. The biggest problem for them is going to be stopping "THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE", Zack Kiernan. But my belief is that Dixie will get him in foul trouble and also run and gun so much that it will wear down the breds. Dixie is much deeper and they will pull this one off, thank to a big games by Lawson, Keener, and Gronefeld. Dixie wins by 10-14

 

Nick GRONNEMAN

If Ben G. and Tanner play under control...HHS wins a close one. If they get early foul trouble or have a "T" party...CovCath could win with a medium spread (8-14). If Listermann has a "T" party, it's HHS (8-14).

If you don't know much about the Colonel's bench then you probably shouldn't comment, which is why I don't talk about HHS. One game does not give an accurate viewing of the team. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but to say that kids like Landrum don't contriubute is off base. Each player on this team has stepped it up in games where they needed to most, and I expect for that to be the case for the rest of the year. The kids from CCH will tell you that it was a poorly played game (even though they won by 19). Friday I expect to see a totally different team. Just my two cents.

 

 

I left that door open so possibly you could inform us all who they actually have......I was only giving my opinion on what I saw in 1 game and I think I stated that. If you cant speak to it then I understand.

 

I forgot about Landrum.... I have heard his name a lot but just didnt notice him the other night.

 

And as far as Smith goes, he may start 80% of the time and probably should but the games I have seen this year he has not started but I have only been to 3-4....

 

It will be a fun game to watch.... I will be watching from the couch on ICN 6....

It will be a fun game to watch.... I will be watching from the couch on ICN 6....

 

Are the semis on ICN6 or just the final game?

Are the semis on ICN6 or just the final game?

 

I have seen several posts on here that state the Semi's and the finals are going to be televised.

Nick GRONNEMAN

 

Right, same difference. I never can get his names correct. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.