Mt. Healthy (OH) 40 Beechwood 34

Good game. Tigers inability to do anything on the ground hurt them. Once they spread it out and used Studer as a WR they started moving it. No clue what made the BW coaching staff think they could play man to man bump and run coverage on the athletes the Owls had at WR. Cost them the game.

All of BW's scores came through the air......in the 2nd half. Having to come from a 28-0 deficit against a team like Mt. Healthy is a daunting task and the Tigers made a valiant effort. The running game struggled similar to last season and that needs a quick fix. Dixie will not be a happy opponent next week. In all fairness, it is hard to make corrections to the running game at the half when you know you have to come out throwing in the second half just to get back in it. BW's coaches, in my opinion, did a nice job of getting the RBs involved in the passing game in the second half. That seemed to spread things out and made Mt. Healthy take less chances defensively. The Tigers have many things to work on this week. Coach Lou Holtz used to say that the greatest measure of a team's improvement is between games 1 and 2 of the regular season. Stay tuned.

This was an awesome game between two very good teams.

#14 for Beechwood had as good as a game as I have seen in a while.

The press box people was talking about him and how he played the game.

Looks like #14 is Brett Slusher.. Brett is one heck of an athlete.........fast and tough!!!

Looks like #14 is Brett Slusher.. Brett is one heck of an athlete.........fast and tough!!!

I said in the preseason thread that Brett is the best athlete on the field. If BW staff builds offense around Slusher, Burns, and Studer with a sprinkling of Stokes, they will be unstoppable.

Good game. Tigers inability to do anything on the ground hurt them. Once they spread it out and used Studer as a WR they started moving it. No clue what made the BW coaching staff think they could play man to man bump and run coverage on the athletes the Owls had at WR. Cost them the game.

The first Beechwood scoring drive had several running plays to Studer.

After the game they said Fieger was 21 for 42. Most of the misses probably came in first half. Catches thrown to numerous receivers. Studer, Burns, Slusher, Stokes, Way, Plegman, stringer all had catches. Not sure if I missed anyone else. Fieger did not have a lot of time to throw and did much better in second half evadeIng the rush.

I said in the preseason thread that Brett is the best athlete on the field. If BW staff builds offense around Slusher, Burns, and Studer with a sprinkling of Stokes, they will be unstoppable.

Lol. Predictable out of you. You seem to have a real axe to grind with a couple kids. There are plenty other kids on that team, not just the BW old guard. You do the same thing in baseball. I know you like to ignore it, but the leading rusher, scorer, and receiver returned from last year too. Once they abandoned the run they turned him into a pass protector and he did a good job protecting the QB. If you don't think Ethan Stringer needs to be an integral part of that O you have no clue. Nobody did anything on the ground, including your beloved mentioned. Nothing happened until they started getting kids is space and using Fieger as a playmaker and scrambler.

This was an awesome game between two very good teams.

#14 for Beechwood had as good as a game as I have seen in a while.

The press box people was talking about him and how he played the game.

Don't know what the play is called but it looks like a jet sweep reverse. Fieger to Burns to Slusher. It was about a 40+ yard gain but Slusher probably ran twice that. Burns had to pitch it quickly to Slusher because Mt Healthy was right there. He also did a very good job on defense.

Lol. Predictable out of you. You seem to have a real axe to grind with a couple kids. There are plenty other kids on that team, not just the BW old guard. You do the same thing in baseball. I know you like to ignore it, but the leading rusher, scorer, and receiver returned from last year too. Once they abandoned the run they turned him into a pass protector and he did a good job protecting the QB. If you don't think Ethan Stringer needs to be an integral part of that O you have no clue. Nobody did anything on the ground, including your beloved mentioned. Nothing happened until they started getting kids is space and using Fieger as a playmaker and scrambler.

It is "predictable" of you to put things into my posts that just aren't there. Just because I didn't mention Ethan Stringer doesn't mean I don't think he needs to be in there or isn't important. I didn't mention Fieger either. Do you think I don't know he has to be a part of the offense?

What is "Old Guard" about Studer and Stokes?

Maybe you should stop being so sensitive or stop getting on BGP.

I really enjoyed this game. Beechwood had chances. mt. healthy was big. I also liked the complex, but never enjoy finding parking around UC. We ate at a place called Martino's. Go there if you ever get a chance. Live keno, football on the big screen, and the largest stromboli you've ever seen.