Mt. Healthy (OH) 40 Beechwood 34

I really enjoyed this game. Beechwood had chances. mt. healthy was big. I also liked the complex, but never enjoy finding parking around UC. We ate at a place called Martino's. Go there if you ever get a chance. Live keno, football on the big screen, and the largest stromboli you've ever seen.

Been there a bunch of times..:thumb:

How do you know if you are old or new guard? Are there informational meetings I can attend to make a decision?

In my opinion, comparing Stringer and Studer is comparing apples to apples. Granny Smiths, Fuji or Red Delicious. It depends weather you want to eat them, make pie or dip the in caramel sauce. They all can get the job done but in different ways. To me they are different kinds of runners and the coaches need to have them run the right plays for their style. Both can catch passes in space and make something happen.

That game was winnable for the a Tigers. Dug a big hole that was hard to get out of but almost got it done. Best thing was that the tigers used numerous players and that is what kept them fresh throughout the game. Saw almost every player/position getting rested during the game. That will help in the future. Don't think there were any injuries either.

Is it just me, or does this game remind a lot of people of the Highlands Campbell Co. Game? One team starts off on fire and puts up 20+ points on the other only to have a tale of two halves and the other team just about mounting a great comeback.

Speaks volumes about BW and it sounds like the adjustments made at halftime may not only have made it a game but they may have found something that will become a huge part of their offense the rest of the season. It really reminds me of a Cooper tram last year that come the 2nd game of the season at halftime made adjustments and then found their offensive personality that would become the teams identity the rest of the season. They went from a running team to a passing team which ended up setting school records for passing and recieving. The adjustments at half for BW reminds me of just that type of change, something I didn't see BW doing last year, making adjustments like that.

I really want BW to have a huge year and this could have been the game they needed to make that happen.

Shaekley is a great place to watch a game but the Skyline organizers need to assign sides for fans to sit. Ended up with Beechwood and Mt Healthy intermixed in what I would say was the BW end. The BW student section wanted to stand but the MH fans complained to security. Seems appropriate for the BW students to stand on the 30 yd line of that end since the MH band and students were on the other end. Could have ended badly if not for BW administrators getting involved. Don't know what MH would have thought if the Colonel Crazies would have showed up.

Sounds like one heckuva game. With Mt Healthy being considered such a strong team this speaks well of BW.

The program said Mt. Healthy is ranked #5 in Ohio Division 2. That is the second largest class in Ohio. Someone in the stands said Mt. Healthy has about 1,500 students. They were shocked when I told them Beechwood has about 190 boys in the high school.

Is it just me, or does this game remind a lot of people of the Highlands Campbell Co. Game? One team starts off on fire and puts up 20+ points on the other only to have a tale of two halves and the other team just about mounting a great comeback.

Speaks volumes about BW and it sounds like the adjustments made at halftime may not only have made it a game but they may have found something that will become a huge part of their offense the rest of the season. It really reminds me of a Cooper tram last year that come the 2nd game of the season at halftime made adjustments and then found their offensive personality that would become the teams identity the rest of the season. They went from a running team to a passing team which ended up setting school records for passing and recieving. The adjustments at half for BW reminds me of just that type of change, something I didn't see BW doing last year, making adjustments like that.

I really want BW to have a huge year and this could have been the game they needed to make that happen.

No, I wouldn't say this game was like the Highlands Campbell Co. game. Highlands dominated Campbell Co. for most of the first half. Mt. Healthy never dominated Beechwood in this game. Beechwood moved the ball in the first half but drives stalled before scoring. Even though it was 21-0, it did not feel like Beechwood was ever out of the game. They just needed to execute better and find the openings in the Mt. Healthy defense. They did that in the second half.

Late to the thread here but I have to compliment the Tigers on showing what Beechwood football is all about. Down 28-0 in the second half against Ohio's #5 D2 team - wow, what a comeback. I know we talked in the Mayfield McCracken County thread about adjustments - Coach Rash and his coaches should get a lot of credit for the adjustments they made in this game to help the Tigers almost pull off an incredible comeback upset. It was a great team effort with many obvious players making plays and even more unsung players doing their job and making plays. You don't make that kind of a comeback against that team without everyone doing their part. It wasn't a win but it does show this team has the guts, confidence and ability necessary to reach their goals.

Late to the thread here but I have to compliment the Tigers on showing what Beechwood football is all about. Down 28-0 in the second half against Ohio's #5 D2 team - wow, what a comeback. I know we talked in the Mayfield McCracken County thread about adjustments - Coach Rash and his coaches should get a lot of credit for the adjustments they made in this game to help the Tigers almost pull off an incredible comeback upset. It was a great team effort with many obvious players making plays and even more unsung players doing their job and making plays. You don't make that kind of a comeback against that team without everyone doing their part. It wasn't a win but it does show this team has the guts, confidence and ability necessary to reach their goals.

Couldn't agree more VOR, a lesser team would have folded up their tents when they were down 28-0, if you watched the sidelines the kids actually believed they were going to come back and win the game, admittedly they had more faith than I did.

IMO Beechwood will not see another opponent this good all year, Mt. Healthy had an unbelievable combination of size and speed, I don't mean this as any disrespect to upcoming opponents, you had to see it to believe it.

If you can count a loss a good loss....I guess this is one of those, now if they can take the positives from Saturday and build on those this Friday night I think they have a legitimate shot against Dixie, if they spot Dixie 3 TD's it will be game over, just my thougths.

The program said Mt. Healthy is ranked #5 in Ohio Division 2. That is the second largest class in Ohio. Someone in the stands said Mt. Healthy has about 1,500 students. They were shocked when I told them Beechwood has about 190 boys in the high school.

MT. Healthy has less then 900 students grades 9th - 12th.

Couldn't agree more VOR, a lesser team would have folded up their tents when they were down 28-0, if you watched the sidelines the kids actually believed they were going to come back and win the game, admittedly they had more faith than I did.

IMO Beechwood will not see another opponent this good all year, Mt. Healthy had an unbelievable combination of size and speed, I don't mean this as any disrespect to upcoming opponents, you had to see it to believe it.

If you can count a loss a good loss....I guess this is one of those, now if they can take the positives from Saturday and build on those this Friday night I think they have a legitimate shot against Dixie, if they spot Dixie 3 TD's it will be game over, just my thougths.

I will reserve my opinion on whether this is the best team Beechwood will see all year for later in the season. I tend to think Cov Cath is as good as Mt. Healthy. And there might be another team the Tigers run into that is as good, or better.