Brian Hoyer named starter over Johnny Manziel

If I am a Browns fan I like this move. If I am a Browns fan I don't want Johnny out there until he knows what he is doing. While he and Hoyer both look awful so far there is no point in rushing Johnny out there. He's an investment so use him wisely. Let Hoyer get broke into a million pieces. Plus, he's just like Tom Brady according to a teammate. When Johnny is ready, let him fly. Johnny ain't ready yet.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the likelihood that the Browns use Manziel in pistol-type sets or situationally?

They've said throughout camp that he'll play, just won't start.

If Hoyer struggles with the offense then look for it to happen more often, and if Manziel does well while on the field look for Hoyer to be replaced sooner rather than later.

While Hoyer and Manziel both looked really bad, Hoyer's line was performing poorly and the few times he had time to throw he missed but he also was never able to get into a rhythm. The clean looks were few and far between. The snap count was off on the very first play and it was obviously the center's fault as the entire line was still in their stance. They at least gave Johnny time to get a rhythm and he still stunk. I believe in Hoyer. We saw what he's capable of.

While Hoyer and Manziel both looked really bad, Hoyer's line was performing poorly and the few times he had time to throw he missed but he also was never able to get into a rhythm. The clean looks were few and far between. The snap count was off on the very first play and it was obviously the center's fault as the entire line was still in their stance. They at least gave Johnny time to get a rhythm and he still stunk. I believe in Hoyer. We saw what he's capable of.

They gave Johnny time?

They each got 2 series with the first team. Manziel then got the 2nd team. It's hard to get into any rhythm when the players keep changing. Starters should have played 2 quarters, Hoyer playing the first quarter and Manziel in the 2nd. That way each QB has a chance to get a rhythm.

Regardless of who starts, they'll be awful. 4-5 wins max so it doesn't really matter.

I would disagree if they had gordon all year. Their defense imo will be one of the best in the league. With gordon they could have been a threat to make noise in the division. Without him though I am in agreement with you.