Pulaski and Madison Southern on ESPNU

Maroon

If I am a betting man it is probably more about lighting and logistics. ESPN has a very strict lighting threshold stadiums have to meet and Pulaski County's field isn't very well lit. Even at well lit stadiums ESPN still has to bring in temporary lighting usually.

They have had that worked out for some time.

Temporary light should already be enroute or onsite. It will has its own power pack units.

Also phone lines should already be in place. They use over 20 lines in control truck.

So it's not easy to just move venues. If plan b was not in place probably not doable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selfish on Harris's part imo. Saw him at UK Sat. on crutches and he was not looking good at all. No way he is recovered and for him to play makes no sense. Everyone knows what type of player he is. Go play and compound his injury even further is silly. He will be on ESPN and SEC network soon enough. I say don't do it!

Selfish on Harris's part imo. Saw him at UK Sat. on crutches and he was not looking good at all. No way he is recovered and for him to play makes no sense. Everyone knows what type of player he is. Go play and compound his injury even further is silly. He will be on ESPN and SEC network soon enough. I say don't do it!

Do you have info that he is playing? Last I heard he is doubtful for this week and could be out for up to 4 weeks. I'm not sure why you consider him selfish in this instance.

I have to say, this is one of the big things that is wrong with athletics now. Not jumping on you personally, because this has become the common mindset anymore. You don't determine to, or not to, play based on what your future may be like, you determine to play because that is what is expected of you by your program, your teammates and your fans. When I hear a player is not playing because "it may hurt their college chances", I think well they shouldn't play in college then.

If he is able to play, he should play bottom line. Not save himself, that is a selfish act.

If I am a betting man it is probably more about lighting and logistics.

ESPN has a very strict lighting threshold stadiums have to meet and Pulaski County's field isn't very well lit. Even at well lit stadiums ESPN still has to bring in temporary lighting usually.

This is what they did when ESPNU came to Lexington Catholic

I have to say, this is one of the big things that is wrong with athletics now. Not jumping on you personally, because this has become the common mindset anymore. You don't determine to, or not to, play based on what your future may be like, you determine to play because that is what is expected of you by your program, your teammates and your fans. When I hear a player is not playing because "it may hurt their college chances", I think well they shouldn't play in college then.

If he is able to play, he should play bottom line. Not save himself, that is a selfish act.

Why don't you start a tread on this. I would be interested in what others say.

Like most things that come out from you - I tend to disagree with this as well. :D Your future has no impact on whether you decide to play or not??? Wow!!!

So he's healthy enough to play?

I would first say that I hope that Harris is okay and not injured too bad. I hate to see any young man get hurt, even more so his senior year. As a parent I think the obligation has to be to my son's safety and health. If the doctors think he can play then I am saying strap it up and lets go get a win. If there is ANY chance of further adding to the injury, then I would not care if the Pope was coming to watch, my son is not playing, I want him to be able to get out of bed and walk on his own when he is 40.

As a coach my obligation is to my team and EACH individual on the team. All in all this game means nothing to my chances of playing in the playoffs, and if my best player is banged up I am not going to risk my chances to make a run in the playoffs. Now I am going to consult every medical person and the parents to ensure we are doing what is best for him ( whether it is Harris or a snot nose freshman). If he is fine I may keep the doubtful tag on as a ploy for the opposing coach to think about, but knowing coach Hines he is preparing for all situations.

I do not think taking the safety of a player is being selfish, being a sissy, or stupid. I feel that is why adults HELP make these decisions for a young man so the factors or pressure or the thought of playing on ESPN don't cloud anyone's judgment. I wish this kid the best and the two teams a great game with whoever participates.