Jay Bruce

Why is he getting a pass from the fans? If Votto was healthy and putting up Bruce-like numbers, he would be getting KILLED. Bruce is making $10,000,000 (and $12,000,000 the next two years), hitting .221 with an on-base number of .302 and an OBPS of .695?! He is on pace for 16 home runs and 67 rbi. On a team starved for offense, and on a team missing two of their big three offensive players, he is shrinking right before our eyes. Add to the fact that he dropped a fly-ball in NYC and should have called off and caught the game loser on Sunday, combined with going 0 for 9 with 5k's during that series.....where is the outrage? He is 27, should be entering the prime of his career, and he is atrocious this year.

I can't imagine the Votto-bashing, crazy theories, and silly arguments on pitch selectivity if our Canadian First Basemen was having this kind of a season and healthy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For one, Bruce hasn't been healthy for much of the season, so that plays a big factor in it.

For another, he's been the only consistent guy this team has had the last 3-4 seasons on the offensive side, so I think a lot of fans are willing to cut him a bit of slack for one down season.

For one, Bruce hasn't been healthy for much of the season, so that plays a big factor in it.

For another, he's been the only consistent guy this team has had the last 3-4 seasons on the offensive side, so I think a lot of fans are willing to cut him a bit of slack for one down season.

Fair enough.

I like Jay Bruce, to be sure, I'm just shocked in this year where they need him so badly and he has been so poor, that more folks haven't said something. He probably owes Joey a thank you note for his trials and tribulations taking the attention away from Jay and his under-achieving season.

Then go to the DL and get healthy, join the rest of the team.

Wonder if we could package Bruce, Phillips and Votto all in one deal what we could get?

You get to hit the reset button on MLB 14: The Show and start your season over again. Or are we talking about real baseball?