Man Confronts Officers After They Shoot His Dog In His Back Yard

I would hope anyone with a lost kid finds them. I would risk arrest to find mine.

So basically you're saying that laws and constitutional rights should be forfeited or ignored in certain instances....Incredibly slippery slope that I want absolutely no part of.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you're saying that laws and constitutional rights should be forfeited or ignored in certain instances....Incredibly slippery slope that I want absolutely no part of.

I'll say it, Yes! Your "Right to Privacy" does not Trump "Someones Right to Live"

That said, there are several safeguards built into the system to keep rights from being trampled without due cause.

I'll say it, Yes! Your "Right to Privacy" does not Trump "Someones Right to Live"

That said, there are several safeguards built into the system to keep rights from being trampled without due cause.

Everyone has a right to life. John Doe's right to life does not supersede my or any other person's Constitutional Rights though.

Was there any cause to think that the child's life was in danger in that back yard? If so, by all means, enter the backyard. If not, do not enter the backyard.

It would appear that there was no reason to suspect that the child's life was in danger, as he was found safe in his own home.

Was there any cause to think that the child's life was in danger in that back yard? If so, by all means, enter the backyard. If not, do not enter the backyard.

It would appear that there was no reason to suspect that the child's life was in danger, as he was found safe in his own home.

Heck, going a step further there wasn't even the slightest reason to believe the child was in that backyard to begin with.

Was there any cause to think that the child's life was in danger in that back yard? If so, by all means, enter the backyard.

Exactly!!! I wasn't referencing this case in replying for to UKMF, just in general my feeling is in the case of saving a life our rights may be set aside temporarily, just as you referenced.

So if someone is missing, all laws and constitutional rights should be suspended until that person is found?
Ones that would pertain to finding them, sure.

If you had an Autistic child that had roamed off on a 100 degree day, you would be OK with the police not checking the neighboring properties for you child if the neighbors were not home to give permission?

How about your wife is being held hostage after a robbery went bad at the store she was shopping in and the police had to break into the house next door to facilitate entry into the building she was in to rescue her? Just let her die, right?

The world unfortunately isn't always back and white as much as we would all love for it to be...but in every case I have no problem with my privacy or your privacy being invaded if it means saving a life.