Were San Antonio's Air Conditioning Problems Intentional?

Were San Antonio's A/C Problems Intentional???  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Were San Antonio's A/C Problems Intentional???

• Yes, definitely
    • Probably, but no way to really know
    • Maybe, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt
    • No way

Is it true (as I believe I've read) that the problem was only a defective circuit breaker? If so, isn't that one of the first things you would look at in diagnosing the problem.....and wouldn't it be easy to replace? Maybe there was indeed some skulduggery afoot. But I am neither a conspiracy theorist nor an electrician.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true (as I believe I've read) that the problem was only a defective circuit breaker? If so, isn't that one of the first things you would look at in diagnosing the problem.....and wouldn't it be easy to replace? Maybe there was indeed some skulduggery afoot. But I am neither a conspiracy theorist nor an electrician.

If indeed that's true, no chance it would have cooled down from that temp very rapidly had it been replaced. Too many cubic feet to cool and all of that hot San Antonio breath in the bldg.

If indeed that's true, no chance it would have cooled down from that temp very rapidly had it been replaced. Too many cubic feet to cool and all of that hot San Antonio breath in the bldg.

Depends on when it was replaced. The AC went out early in the game. Had they recovered quickly enough it should have cooled some and not gotten hotter.

If Pop had a say, I'd say yes. And for the record, who doesn't love Pop? I love how ticked off he is that the league makes him do an interview after the end of a quarter.

Some of these interviews are pretty hilarious.

Based on every thing I've found amare hurt his eye against the Clippers. You got anything that says other wise it that it was intentional?

My bad on that one. I was wrong on my facts there. His initial eye injury did come at the hands of Boris Diaw, but the two were teammates then and that's where some of the confusion came in and why I thought it was the Spurs (who Diaw now plays for).

I live in San Antonio and you are going to have a hard time convincing me that there wasn't something going on. Maybe it even started as an accident, but I doubt they were in much of a hurry to get it fixed. I think it was blatant and purposefully done though. Even some of the most hardcore Spurs fans I know (people who grew up Spurs fans and have lived here all their life) have a wide range of emotions on the issue, going from, "at best, it's just embarrassing to the city to be a small market team and then have something like that happen on such a big stage", "if nothing else, it definitely looks pretty suspicious" to "it wouldn't shock me if it was done intentionally".

San Antonio is a hot city and whoever is contracted to do their A/C work on a unit that large, in the midst of summer in one of the hottest cities in America, they'd be checking and doing regular maintenance on it. Too much of an embarrassment for them from a PR standpoint to risk their reputation not to makes sure everything is just so. Didn't the company responsible for the blackout during the Super Bowl in New Orleans have some serious repercussions coming their way after what happened?

My bad on that one. I was wrong on my facts there. His initial eye injury did come at the hands of Boris Diaw, but the two were teammates then and that's where some of the confusion came in and why I thought it was the Spurs (who Diaw now plays for).

It's ok don't let facts get in the way of your class spurs hatred.

:lol2:

It's ok don't let facts get in the way of your class spurs hatred.

:lol2:

I wouldn't call it that. I really respect the Spurs and go to a few games a year. The basketball fans in San Antonio are a little much though.

Down here, basketball is a small distraction from football training camps, but the locals act like basketball connoisseurs because they read a few articles and throw around some buzzwords. Completely different from the Spurs fans you meet from other areas (probably like yourself) who actually are connoisseurs fundamentally sound basketball and good execution who can watch and actually appreciate the Spurs' precision.

I just get kind of annoyed going to Spurs watch events down here and listening to the fans be all irrational about the calls, etc. It's really so bad that I only watch the games at my house or with one or two guys who can be level-headed and just watch the game without talking about how the Spurs are getting screwed over and the league hates them because they are a small market team.

When a UK basketball fan calls someone's fan base irrational, you know it's bad, but on the whole, local Spurs fans are just as bad, if not worse. I wish I could relay some of the gems you'll hear on local radio.

All that said, I've learned soooooo much about football just from talking to guys who played high school down here (the amount of coaching detail that goes into the job even at that level in Texas is just crazy). Texans, and San Antonians in general, are great fans when it comes to football. Basketball (again, as far as locals go), not so much, it's more of a bandwagon type thing. In all though, that's probably not a bad thing though, because no one wants to be a bandwagon fan of a loser.

I wouldn't call it that. I really respect the Spurs and go to a few games a year. The basketball fans in San Antonio are a little much though.

Down here, basketball is a small distraction from football training camps, but the locals act like basketball connoisseurs because they read a few articles and throw around some buzzwords. Completely different from the Spurs fans you meet from other areas (probably like yourself) who actually are connoisseurs fundamentally sound basketball and good execution who can watch and actually appreciate the Spurs' precision.

I just get kind of annoyed going to Spurs watch events down here and listening to the fans be all irrational about the calls, etc. It's really so bad that I only watch the games at my house or with one or two guys who can be level-headed and just watch the game without talking about how the Spurs are getting screwed over and the league hates them because they are a small market team.

When a UK basketball fan calls someone's fan base irrational, you know it's bad, but on the whole, local Spurs fans are just as bad, if not worse. I wish I could relay some of the gems you'll hear on local radio.

All that said, I've learned soooooo much about football just from talking to guys who played high school down here (the amount of coaching detail that goes into the job even at that level in Texas is just crazy). Texans, and San Antonians in general, are great fans when it comes to football. Basketball (again, as far as locals go), not so much, it's more of a bandwagon type thing. In all though, that's probably not a bad thing though, because no one wants to be a bandwagon fan of a loser.

I think fans are bad everywhere. UK, UL, new York, Boston...You get my point. Living somewhere you get to see more of them than you want to and it's easy to get annoyed. I can't stand Cincinnati fans...