Bengals select Darqueze Dennard 24th overall

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought certain that would be the Steelers selection.

I have a couple Steelers fan friends that are not very happy with their selection. Wanted DB help. Clinton Dix... Dennard... Pryor... All available and they passed on them all. They don't dislike Shazier, but think they could have filled bigger holes.

As for Dennard to the Bengals.... Great pick. Was hoping he'd fall. I preferred him to any corner other than Gilbert... And I even think he's more polished than Gilbert is.

Not sure how anyone could rate the pick anything other than A? Heck, I was mumbling and cursing that once again lack of creativity on draft day was going to leave them on outside looking in. This kid was gone in every mock I read, and he fell right in Mikey Boy's lap. Now on to later rounds, which is something the Bengals really have won at lately

I have a couple Steelers fan friends that are not very happy with their selection. Wanted DB help. Clinton Dix... Dennard... Pryor... All available and they passed on them all. They don't dislike Shazier, but think they could have filled bigger holes.

As for Dennard to the Bengals.... Great pick. Was hoping he'd fall. I preferred him to any corner other than Gilbert... And I even think he's more polished than Gilbert is.

I would much rather have had Pryor than Shazier. Or any of the other available DB's. The secondary in Pittsburgh is not what it once was...

I have a couple Steelers fan friends that are not very happy with their selection. Wanted DB help. Clinton Dix... Dennard... Pryor... All available and they passed on them all. They don't dislike Shazier' date=' but think they could have filled bigger holes. As for Dennard to the Bengals.... Great pick. Was hoping he'd fall. I preferred him to any corner other than Gilbert... And I even think he's more polished than Gilbert is.[/quote']

They got Polamalu at linebacker the fans will come to love him being all over the field.

^The more I read about the Savage kid from Pittsburgh' date=' the more I feel like he could be the best option for the Bengals, assuming they do draft a QB in rounds 2-4.[/quote']

He was a high recruit I remember back in the day.

Like everyone else I am ecstatic about the pick.

The Bengals have been doing a very good job drafting in recent years.

I know some think it is sad because of our lack of success in the playoffs but these really are high times for us die-hard Bengal fans.

They're not very bright if they thought safety was the pick. It was either corner or this kid according to Colbert. He allows Troy to play SS instead of some hybrid LB like last year. He can cover tight end or RB on the seam or in the flat. I like the selection, but the rest of the draft will determine if they made a solid choice or not. I'd bet they go DL next pick, especially if Tuitt from ND is still there.

They're not very bright if they thought safety was the pick. It was either corner or this kid according to Colbert. He allows Troy to play SS instead of some hybrid LB like last year. He can cover tight end or RB on the seam or in the flat. I like the selection, but the rest of the draft will determine if they made a solid choice or not. I'd bet they go DL next pick, especially if Tuitt from ND is still there.

I'll be shocked if he's available. I can't see him lasting more than a handful of picks into round 2.