Best Freshman in Kentucky

Jack Schneider of Davies County is right there with Adell. Those two will be top two when PBR comes out with classranks, IMO. Both have upper 80s arms now. I also was at the event when Adell registered his 99. I question the validity, that gun was on crack that day, but he can certainly pound it.

:lol2:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by someone in the Midland hierarchy that there is no way that 99mph is legit. Mid to high 80's is more like it..

I am certainly no expert, but I have witnessed Brayden Combs hit from a tee at Midland, and not sure he has registered much above 90 on exit velo, and watchimg him there is no comparison. Dont even get me started on Zach Shannon. 99 is probably right for that beast.

I am certainly no expert, but I have witnessed Brayden Combs hit from a tee at Midland, and not sure he has registered much above 90 on exit velo, and watchimg him there is no comparison. Dont even get me started on Zach Shannon. 99 is probably right for that beast.

I have seen Zach and Brayden both hit off a tee also. Zach is just one of those country strong corn fed kids..It is scary to watch him hit BP in a cage you can barely see it coming off of the bat. Hiler told me that Combs was in the low to mid 90's during the winter. You can definately tell a difference from Zach to Brayden though.:thumb:

He was the third basemen for JV before being brought up to varsity to start. The kid has been tearing it up, both at JV and since being moved up, varsity.

Just curious because I believe he also started the JV tourney game against Ryle. Just don't understand why you would start a player at both levels when you carry a 18+ rostered JV squad. Cooper also has a another very good frosh at SS in Larry (not sure of the last name).

Just curious because I believe he also started the JV tourney game against Ryle. Just don't understand why you would start a player at both levels when you carry a 18+ rostered JV squad. Cooper also has a another very good frosh at SS in Larry (not sure of the last name).

Larry Fugate I believe.

He played JV all year until last week when he was brought up to Varsity to play 3rd vs St Henry and then also the following game. He then went back down to JV to play through the tournament and after Cooper got knocked out of the JV tourney he came back up to Varsity and started last night against Dixie which was his first start since the JV tourney. It wasn't as if he was going back and forth for awhile. He just got brought up to Varsity for the first time on the 7th of this month which was 1 week ago, went back down to JV for the tourney and is back up for the rest of the season.

Larry Fugate

He played JV all year until last week when he was brought up to Varsity to play 3rd vs St Henry and then also the following game. He then went back down to JV to play through the tournament and after Cooper got knocked out of the JV tourney he came back up to Varsity and started last night against Dixie which was his first start since the JV tourney. It wasn't as if he was going back and forth for awhile. He just got brought up to Varsity for the first time on the 7th of this month which was 1 week ago, went back down to JV for the tourney and is back up for the rest of the season.

That's were I get confused with this whole back and forth thing. If you're good enough to "START" in a varsity game, stay there and play varsity. Let JV continue developing and preparation for the players that are not at that "Varsity" caliper. JMO as a coach.

That's were I get confused with this whole back and forth thing. If you're good enough to "START" in a varsity game, stay there and play varsity. Let JV continue developing and preparation for the players that are not at that "Varsity" caliper. JMO as a coach.

I don't know. I have no problem with moving them up and back depending on why.

I will give you an example. My son for instance played both Varsity and JV when he was a Freshman. The reason he played both was he was 1 of 3 catchers on Varsity, he was usually the 2nd string catcher but because of the numbers if he stayed on Varsity the entire year he would of gotten very little playing time and to improve as you know as a coach that the more you play the better you can become, especially at that young age being a freshman and all. So when he moved down to play JV it was purely for playing time etc. He would play mostly JV and move up for a game or 2 a week for Varsity that year which gave him much needed experience at that level, but he did play in enough Varsity games that he was able to earn his Varsity letter as a Freshman which he thought was pretty cool.

In Riley's situation with Cooper this year, they have had issues at 3rd base and tried several different players at that position with not much luck so last week they brought up Riley who had played JV the entire year and wasn't really fair to him or the JV team not to let him play in the JV tournament so they let him. I don't see a problem with that at all.

I will always be for a player who is good enough to play Varsity but may not be a starter to play JV as an underclassman so he can get playing time in. A lot of times it's a numbers game.

I don't know. I have no problem with moving them up and back depending on why.

I will give you an example. My son for instance played both Varsity and JV when he was a Freshman. The reason he played both was he was 1 of 3 catchers on Varsity, he was usually the 2nd string catcher but because of the numbers if he stayed on Varsity the entire year he would of gotten very little playing time and to improve as you know as a coach that the more you play the better you can become, especially at that young age being a freshman and all. So when he moved down to play JV it was purely for playing time etc. He would play mostly JV and move up for a game or 2 a week for Varsity that year which gave him much needed experience at that level, but he did play in enough Varsity games that he was able to earn his Varsity letter as a Freshman which he thought was pretty cool.

In Riley's situation with Cooper this year, they have had issues at 3rd base and tried several different players at that position with not much luck so last week they brought up Riley who had played JV the entire year and wasn't really fair to him or the JV team not to let him play in the JV tournament so they let him. I don't see a problem with that at all.

I will always be for a player who is good enough to play Varsity but may not be a starter to play JV as an underclassman so he can get playing time in. A lot of times it's a numbers game.

I agree with catchers and pitchers, but the JV squad had issues at that 3rd base as well. I don't recall anyone performing to a Varsity standard. IMO Fugate and Fox were the two consistent outstanding infielders. Bridley played a great deal in the outfield, first base, SS, and third. The kid has a non stop motor which is to his benefit.