Best Freshman in Kentucky

GRC has a good group of freshmen that made significant contributions as 8th graders last season on the JV and Freshmen squads. Both teams had above .500 records. In alphabetical order

Connor Gray

JJ Johnson

Bryce Sargent

Kyle Vanover

Tyler Walton

Jake Ware

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tate Meade-Johnson Central (RHP)

11-0 as an 8th grader in 2014, 2014 2nd Team All-State. Pitched 3 scoreless innings against No. 1 Tates Creek in last season's state tournament. Mid 80's, good command and a decent amount of movement on his fastball but does most of his damage using his off speed stuff.

Gage Hughes , Greenup Co. Shortstop and switch hitter. Freshman 2015. Has started varsity at 2nd base, his 7th, and 8th grade year. Also batting leadoff in 2014 season. Greenup has won district both years and made a run in region.. A top team in the 16th each year... Some D1 looks . Also Kyle Gammon fr 2015, 2nd base, nice player. Really good range and speed. Greenup should be very strong in 2015.

Anyone in Greenup Co know the baseball coach? Come mid April if GC "isn't winning" someone should give him a heads up that X's & O's will be calling the moving company for him - maybe he could get a 2 for 1 deal and move him and Tackett on the same trip.....

Ok back to the topic....

West Carter has 2 very good Freshmen as well.

JT Johnson & Peyton Brown. Both started and contributed to West Carters record setting season last year as 8th graders.

I think this years freshman class will be the best we have seen in a long time. It will be hard to track a lot of kids, because so many are playing JV and a few playing Varsity, but a few schools to watch for this are Cov Cath, Highlands, SK and Cooper just to name a few that I know had 8th graders playing freshman last year. With a lot of them moving up from that.

I think this years freshman class will be the best we have seen in a long time. It will be hard to track a lot of kids, because so many are playing JV and a few playing Varsity, but a few schools to watch for this are Cov Cath, Highlands, SK and Cooper just to name a few that I know had 8th graders playing freshman last year. With a lot of them moving up from that.

I did not know that Cov Cath allowed 8th graders to play freshman baseball. Have they changed something?

My mistake on Cov Cath and 8th graders, but I do not see AJ Maher and Maile playing only freshman. If so then they would be one of the toughest freshman teams out there!!!

Oh yea, Krumps will play freshman up as he has done in the past. You may indeed not see AJ or Jack on possibly others, in any freshman games this year. IMO I think they will have a pretty good group of freshman coming in next year as well. I think Krumps will be happy, just like Ruthsatz.

Tate Meade-Johnson Central (RHP)

11-0 as an 8th grader in 2014, 2014 2nd Team All-State. Pitched 3 scoreless innings against No. 1 Tates Creek in last season's state tournament. Mid 80's, good command and a decent amount of movement on his fastball but does most of his damage using his off speed stuff.

Impressive...how old is he?

Anyone in Greenup Co know the baseball coach? Come mid April if GC "isn't winning" someone should give him a heads up that X's & O's will be calling the moving company for him - maybe he could get a 2 for 1 deal and move him and Tackett on the same trip.....

Ok back to the topic....

West Carter has 2 very good Freshmen as well.

JT Johnson & Peyton Brown. Both started and contributed to West Carters record setting season last year as 8th graders.

Wont happen, Greenup might lose a few here and there have a very stuff 2015 schedule , The Logan`s are great, and rest of staff.. I have never had a problem with them , and don't see one.. Very good coaches, know the game , teach it well , and win. The only coach I have ever wanted fired is Harold Tackett, he`s a bum. And a few GC loses in mid April wont have me upset with coach Logan, top notch Coach, and program.

Impressive...how old is he?

First, I need to correct his stats from his 8th grade year. He picked up the win against Tates Creek making his record 8-0, not 11-0, giving up two hits, one run and picking up 2 K's in the effort. I was going off of what one of his teammates told me the other day when we were talking about the coming season. I should've asked the coach for assurance but nonetheless it was a phenomenal season for the young man. Tate is 15 years old.

Blaine Gillm at Ohio County....LHP/Center field/1B...this kid is the real deal. No doubt a D1 prospect. Throws low to mid 80s from the left side with movement for strikes. Sweet swing at the plate an absolutely excellent defensively. Sofar this year, he has been nails.