Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 2014

Featured Replies

What does Campbell County need to do to improve in 2014? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe for the Camels, finding someone to fill the quarterback slot will be the biggest task.

I think the Camels end up.500 this year. Unproven at Qb and losing a variety of clutch seniors (Kramer, Woods, Schneider) really puts them at a disadvantage. If Metz and Mason can tutor the younger lineman and get them to play up the camels will be fine. On another note, the freshman squad struggled immensely last year. Hopefully they can find some special teams players in this group to help out the starters.

Although the Freshman team struggled, there is some talent in there that will find it's spot in the platoon system and contribute. The young men are working hard and will surprise a lot of people. I'm very optimistic about the coming year.

A little birdy told me that Matt Wilson is no longer going to play football. It sounds like he is going to concentrate on basketball. Probably a good thing considering he will end up being 6'9 or 6'10 when he is done growing..

A little birdy told me that Matt Wilson is no longer going to play football. It sounds like he is going to concentrate on basketball. Probably a good thing considering he will end up being 6'9 or 6'10 when he is done growing..

 

I disagree, if he doesn't grow another inch he may not even get to play college basketball with his game but if he developed as a QB at his size he'd get a nice offer IMO. I hate to see highschool kids specialize in a sport unless they are clearly a D-1 can't miss type talent in a particular sport.

I agree. Alot more upside as a QB. Nothing wrong with keeping all your options on the table.

Are you guys kidding me? He has a ton more upside as a basketball player than a 6'9 qb. How may 6'9 qb's you see playing in college.....not many if any. If Matt works hard on his basketball game he will be a D1 basketball player before it is all said and done. I personally think it is a very smart move for Matt to just concentrate on basketball.. JMO

Are you guys kidding me? He has a ton more upside as a basketball player than a 6'9 qb. How may 6'9 qb's you see playing in college.....not many if any. If Matt works hard on his basketball game he will be a D1 basketball player before it is all said and done. I personally think it is a very smart move for Matt to just concentrate on basketball.. JMO

 

He went from 6'6 to 6'9?

Are you guys kidding me? He has a ton more upside as a basketball player than a 6'9 qb. How may 6'9 qb's you see playing in college.....not many if any. If Matt works hard on his basketball game he will be a D1 basketball player before it is all said and done. I personally think it is a very smart move for Matt to just concentrate on basketball.. JMO

 

IF and it's a big if, he grows another 2 or 3 inches. I didn't grow at all after my sophmore year.

 

I disagree, if he doesn't grow another inch he may not even get to play college basketball with his game but if he developed as a QB at his size he'd get a nice offer IMO. I hate to see highschool kids specialize in a sport unless they are clearly a D-1 can't miss type talent in a particular sport.

 

I disagree. You should play what you love! Small school division 1 who cares. Do you enjoy the sport enough to enjoy and work at it at the next level?

He went from 6'6 to 6'9?

 

I know the family personally. He was measured at 6'9 in shoes recently.

Was eager to see Matt Wilson play football at the Varsity level, but wish him the best.

 

I caught a little of the spring practice while attending a track meet and was not disappointed that one of the quarterbacks that was drilling would continue the tough, hard nosed quarterback look. The quarterback I saw will be able to run around you and most definitely through you. This young man was only one of the candidates I'm sure, but he has the potential of having both Durham's explosiveness and Wood's toughness. It's a long way from the season to know what the players and coaches are going to do, but there are definitely some athletes to fill the QB slot.

Was eager to see Matt Wilson play football at the Varsity level, but wish him the best.

 

I caught a little of the spring practice while attending a track meet and was not disappointed that one of the quarterbacks that was drilling would continue the tough, hard nosed quarterback look. The quarterback I saw will be able to run around you and most definitely through you. This young man was only one of the candidates I'm sure, but he has the potential of having both Durham's explosiveness and Wood's toughness. It's a long way from the season to know what the players and coaches are going to do, but there are definitely some athletes to fill the QB slot.

 

If we are thinking of the same kid he also has a rocket for an arm. Needs to work on accuracy thuogh.

 

You are dead on though. Another tough nose kid that wouldn't mind running around you or through you. Whichever he prefers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.