Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be Kentucky's coach next year?

Featured Replies

I was waiting for that name to appear in this thread. That would be interesting for sure.

 

Not happening, but that were sure add a great twist to the UK-Louisville game.

  • Replies 187
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't give a damn who replaces him as long as his/her players make free throws. Bad free throw shooting has been pivotal in causing Cal to lose two national championships.

 

Ironically their great free throw shooting got them to the finals...

And the dead legs last night hurt the free throws not an inability to make them or a lack of practice.

And the dead legs last night hurt the free throws not an inability to make them or a lack of practice.

 

Wrong people shooting them didn't help either. Let's face it, Dakari or WCS shot several free throws your percentage is gonna suck.

The ones Randle and Harrison missed are the ones that I found costly, especially Andrew's. I mentioned it before in the thread, but he could have cut the lead to 2 (54-50 when he went to the line) at a time when UK desperately had to have points. Missed that front end and then UConn scored on the other end for what would technically be the game winning basket.

I was waiting for that name to appear in this thread. That would be interesting for sure.

 

If he would get a call Mitch would have to be fired immediately.

The ones Randle and Harrison missed are the ones that I found costly, especially Andrew's. I mentioned it before in the thread, but he could have cut the lead to 2 (54-50 when he went to the line) at a time when UK desperately had to have points. Missed that front end and then UConn scored on the other end for what would technically be the game winning basket.

 

That was Aaron that missed that one and one.

They are what they are...not a good free throw shooting team. Cal's Memphis team was woeful shooting them as well. Kansas benefited, just as UCONN did last night. Decent free throw shooting and Cal would have two more titles.

That was Aaron that missed that one and one.

 

Was it? I thought I remembered it being Andrew at the time. Well, in that case, Aaron is an even better free throw shooter.

I definitely think Coach Cal is gone. Will be interesting to see if the new coach can convince any of the current roster and the incoming recruits to stay.

 

Who do you see as the coach next year, and if it's not Cal who do you see it being?

 

Lol!

 

Cal!

If I had to come up with a short list:

 

Bill Self

Sean Miller

Josh Pastner

Shaka Smart

 

Seriously?

Seriously?

 

I know a lot of people around here don't like him. I think he's a good coach and good recruiter. Memphis has continued to do well.

Billy D is NEVER going to happen...get past that everyone holding on to that hope.

 

Ford would be a nightmare IMO

 

Thad? Seriously someone thinks he belongs on a UK short list?

 

I think Cal is back...but if he leaves I like Miller and Smart

I know a lot of people around here don't like him. I think he's a good coach and good recruiter. Memphis has continued to do well.

 

He is about 2-15 against ranked teams. Can recruit, for sure, but rolling the ball out and saying, "go" isn't coaching.

 

Thad? Seriously someone thinks he belongs on a UK short list?

 

 

I mentioned Matta because he was supposedly on the next group of names to contact had Cal said no....I would despise them even considering him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.