Rules of engagement with celebrities

Peed next to Bill Cunningham at CVG one time. Because of our situation we couldn't really make a conversation but I definitely did the nono and made the awkward eye contact while standing there.

Locally famous doesn't count.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in the elevator with Charlton Heston at the opryland hotel. He said to my youngest son, "can I shake your hand young man?" And he did. Said to my wife and I, "now THAT is a fine looking lad". Of course my mother nearly fainted. Just a genuine nice guy

Was in the elevator with Charlton Heston at the opryland hotel. He said to my youngest son, "can I shake your hand young man?" And he did. Said to my wife and I, "now THAT is a fine looking lad". Of course my mother nearly fainted. Just a genuine nice guy

When you can score chicks like Nova, you have no reason to be surly.

nova.jpg

Unless you're a 'rasslin fan, you don't know who these guys are. That means they don't transcend beyond their sport. Not true celebrities.

You mean people don't know who "The Rock" is? Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Hell, I don't watch "rasslin" anymore, but I know a few wrestler's names. They go on late night shows these days. Heck one was on The Talking Dead last night...

This is the list of "celebrities" you folks have met?

I've chatted with more than several, flown next to several, drank with a few, rebounded for one. seldom would I ever ask for a photo or an autograph.

Spins' is the only one I'd considered big time, and thanks to Jim, I went back to one of my favorite avatars!

You mean people don't know who "The Rock" is? Stone Cold Steve Austin?

Hell, I don't watch "rasslin" anymore, but I know a few wrestler's names. They go on late night shows these days. Heck one was on The Talking Dead last night...

Those guys qualify (movies and national ad campaigns will do that for you), but nobody in polite society has clue one who C.M. Punk is.

Worked at some pretty up scale restaurants in my day so I've had an opportunity to meet a bunch. Mostly sports and music.

A good rule of thumb is, don't interrupt them if they are out to eat with their family. That is their personal private time.

If they are not with their families, most of them don't mind being approached if they're done eating.

One of my favorite encounters was a few years back in New Orleans. Mrs C and I were at Antoine's for cocktails and saw Mark Levin, Mike Church, and Sean Hannity at a table. I sent cigars over to their table. They all came over a little later, sat and chatted with us for a bit, and bought us a bottle of champaign.

Mark Levin stuck around a little longer and asked for my address before he left. He sent me autographed copies of Men in Black and Liberty and Tyranny. Very nice guy.

Those guys qualify (movies and national ad campaigns will do that for you), but nobody in polite society has clue one who C.M. Punk is.

I do because I saw him on The Talking Dead.

I also saw "The Miz" on Conan.

A lot of people don't have a clue who Edward Norton is, but he's a celebrity because a lot of people do.

A celebrity is in the eyes of the beholder. It doesnt matter if they are a radio talk show host, pro wrestler, or President. If you feel like its a privilege to see them and talk to them then good for you.

A celebrity is in the eyes of the beholder. It doesnt matter if they are a radio talk show host, pro wrestler, or President. If you feel like its a privilege to see them and talk to them then good for you.
Then PP92 is a celebrity. I think it's a privilege to see him and talk to him.

Was in the Lounge at the old Executive Inn across from the fairgrounds in Louisville many years ago. This was when Kenny "Sky" Walker played for UK. Jerry West, yes the Jerry West, the logo of the NBA, was at a table just chatting with anyone that came by. Was digging at all the UK fans that thought Kenny Walker would be a great pro player. Jerry West said it was not going to be!!!

He was as personable and down to earth as anyone I have ever met.

Was in the Lounge at the old Executive Inn across from the fairgrounds in Louisville many years ago. This was when Kenny "Sky" Walker played for UK. Jerry West, yes the Jerry West, the logo of the NBA, was at a table just chatting with anyone that came by. Was digging at all the UK fans that thought Kenny Walker would be a great pro player. Jerry West said it was not going to be!!!

He was as personable and down to earth as anyone I have ever met.

You could very easily have said Jerry West is a very personal and genuine guy.

Which he is.

Without having to promote your personal hatred of UK.

Thread was about etiquette. Jerry West has it.