Gas Prices

Jack of all Trades

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was $3.79 in Henderson this morning. Came to bowling green for the day and it's $3.39 here.

Bowling Green is experiencing a recently-rare time of stability and relatively low cost in their gas prices. Typically we'd been enjoying these games where one station would jump 30 cents and everyone else would just happen to follow suit that day. Kroger all of a sudden started to create actual competition and hasn't been above 3.49 in quite some time, typically sticking at 3.33 or 3.39 for the better part of two months now. A couple of stations have tried to leap up but when Kroger doesn't follow, they immediately drop back down. So basically right now if you're in sight of a Kroger you can get a relatively decent price. I have thusly rewarded them with 100% of my business.

3.58 per gallon at Kroger in Florence on Mall Road - this is my new gas station

Are they using gas as a loss leader on Mall Rd? Is it due to the new grand opening? It looks like the end of the world up there with all the cars waiting to fuel up. Lol.

The federal government is the root of most of the problems with our economy. High taxes and unreasonable EPA regulations are the tip of the iceberg. Our federal government is the reason that speculators bet on rising gasoline prices.

Part true and part untrue. The federal government is also keeping gas prices artificially low by making it difficult to export crude oil out of the country. If we removed export regulations on fossil fuels, prices would immediately go up.

Part true and part untrue. The federal government is also keeping gas prices artificially low by making it difficult to export crude oil out of the country. If we removed export regulations on fossil fuels, prices would immediately go up.

Hmmn...you got a link to this info...I'd like to read more about it

$3.99.9 here in Saulte Ste Marie, Michigan and throughout the Upper Penninsula the weekend of June 7-8.

Was $139.9 a litre in Canada all three weeks I was there, and $1.55.9 on the water. All I know is that it cost me $67 for 10 gallons at the pump.