Jack of all Trades

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.39 this morning

3.70 Now

OIL DOWN TO DAYS IN A ROW

Don't use only the price of oil. It's a red herring on gas prices. One of the things helping drive it up in this case is increasingly better ways of transporting oil that's already been refined out of the country to sell abroad at even higher prices.

Exports of refined motor gasoline have risen exponentially in the last decade. At the same time, government controls on the export of crude oil have remained in place; it's a nice handout to the companies that run refineries in the U.S. but keeps per barrel prices of crude artificially low.

What I've noticed is the increase comes either near or on weekends. Been seeing this pattern for a few months now.

You cannot win against the gas companies. Something happens somewhere in the world with a refinery that US never purchases oil from, that's an excuse to raise prices.........for gas that has already been bought and is sitting in tanks here. You have an older car that uses more gas, you pay the price for using more gas. You buy a more fuel efficient car that uses much less gas, prices go up because the companies aren't selling as much. It's a joke.

• 2 weeks later...
I honestly have never understood the constant complaining about gas prices....:idunno:

I'm in the same boat. The only thing that really bothers me is the 30-40 cent jumps in less than 24 hours time. Other than that, it doesn't bother me. Everybody needs gas.