Highlands Spring 2014

It is amazing how in just 3 mos how kids can grow and mature, the size of some of these kids is just ridiculous.

Also the other amazing thing that just jumps off the scene when I watch Highlands practice is the organizational skills of the coaches and the protocol that is followed day in and day out.

The Birds look to be game ready in some areas and obviously not quite ready in others. August can't get here soon enough so we can see this new makeover all come together as orchestrated and planned.

Maybe we can coin this year "CHAPTER 23" - Business As Usual

I'm really looking forward to watching Hoge this year. How does he look?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing there is some sort of scrimmage on Friday. Any truth to that Sweep? If so, will this be a full fledged scrimmage with kickoffs, punts ,etc or just more of controlled scrimmage where plays are worked on?

Not real sure about details concerning a "full blown scrimmage"

Could be....Not real sure.....Wouldnt surprise me...

No doubt that this spring ball is being utilized more than ever than in the past as learning and instruction given the new model at hand. Lots of new schemes and looks....

I'm really looking forward to watching Hoge this year. How does he look?

If I would go on an on about this kid people would just think I am overhyping him....

Folks with nothing to do on Friday nites that love to see very good h.s. football and a kid that has NFL knowledge and the ability to execute it should take a game or two in at DCM this yr....

Not real sure about details concerning a "full blown scrimmage"

Could be....Not real sure.....Wouldnt surprise me...

No doubt that this spring ball is being utilized more than ever than in the past as learning and instruction given the new model at hand. Lots of new schemes and looks....

Heard there will be Refs present and it will be cycling a lot of kids through.

Heard there will be Refs present and it will be cycling a lot of kids through.

That is not a bad thing imo. Good to see Coach W interacting during the spring with refs...

As the Birds roll, we must be sensitive and understanding of how the zebras call and see the game from their prospective. :thumb:

A very talented Highlands team that will be ready for the challenge come August and will be the team to beat.

Nothing really outstanding except of course Hoges' ability to take off with the ball running and a Jr RB named Kendall that is impossible to put a hat on.

That kid has shiftiness and a second and third gear like a kid back in the early 80's named John Bankemper:thumb:

Feggins is a man amongst boys that is for sure....

A very talented Highlands team that will be ready for the challenge come August and will be the team to beat.

Nothing really outstanding except of course Hoges' ability to take off with the ball running and a Jr RB named Kendall that is impossible to put a hat on.

That kid has shiftiness and a second and third gear like a kid back in the early 80's named John Bankemper:thumb:

Feggins is a man amongst boys that is for sure....

So does this mean the defense didn't look good?