Highlands Spring 2014

Looks like the numbers are their again for the Birds as they kicked off their Spring 2014 Campaign.

Under the new leadership of Coach Weinrich, it appears the Birds will be ready and able to make a strong run for their 23rd State Title.

From the looks of it, their is definitely some position changes and this appears to be most evident on the OL.

Not all kids are their because of some spring sport commitments but for the most part most positions are very well represented.

Business as usual in Ft Thomas.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me say welcome back to BGP Sweep, I hope you are well rested and have reset the mechanisms and got things worked out during the off season.

As you mentioned the biggest change of spring ball so far is Bo Hebel moving from DL to OL. That kid is big big, something like 6'-2 315lb.

Thanks Teds....I stopped by practice today and I must say it is a little weird not seeing Dale out there leading the guys.

Coach W has it now and there is nobody that I would rather see continue the traditon:thumb:

You mean Coach W doesn't run the bleachers with them? Slacker!

It is amazing how in just 3 mos how kids can grow and mature, the size of some of these kids is just ridiculous.

Also the other amazing thing that just jumps off the scene when I watch Highlands practice is the organizational skills of the coaches and the protocol that is followed day in and day out.

The Birds look to be game ready in some areas and obviously not quite ready in others. August can't get here soon enough so we can see this new makeover all come together as orchestrated and planned.

Maybe we can coin this year "CHAPTER 23" - Business As Usual