Pitino speaks about Calipari

“I don’t think he’s ever leaving Kentucky, that’s my opinion. I don’t think he’s ever leaving because I think he feels in his mind he has the best job in college basketball. I don’t see…where’s he gonna go? He’s not gonna be a Wall Street trader. So, where’s he going?”

“I think he’s excellent. I don’t think Kentucky can’t get any better than John Calipari. I’m objective, he’s not a close friend, we’re friendly. How are you going to get better than him or what he does? He’s great at what he does. Are they having a great year? No, but you wouldn’t want to play them at tournament time, with that size, and that ability, and his coaching. So, I’m a big believer in the way he teaches and the way he recruits.”

High praise from Rick.

I'm just glad UK isn't overanalyzed.

“I don’t think he’s ever leaving Kentucky, that’s my opinion. I don’t think he’s ever leaving because I think he feels in his mind he has the best job in college basketball. I don’t see…where’s he gonna go? He’s not gonna be a Wall Street trader. So, where’s he going?”

“I think he’s excellent. I don’t think Kentucky can’t get any better than John Calipari. I’m objective, he’s not a close friend, we’re friendly. How are you going to get better than him or what he does? He’s great at what he does. Are they having a great year? No, but you wouldn’t want to play them at tournament time, with that size, and that ability, and his coaching. So, I’m a big believer in the way he teaches and the way he recruits.”

High praise from Rick.

I'm just glad UK isn't overanalyzed.

I had this same thought with all the attention UK and Cal have recieved over the last couple days. The media doesn't realize how they proved Cal's point from a few weeks ago.

He didn't say that the team was overanalyzed. He said Kentucky was "most overanalyzed team I’ve ever seen in the history of the game, at any level, in any sport" which remains as preposterous now as it was then.

He didn't say that the team was overanalyzed. He said Kentucky was "most overanalyzed team I’ve ever seen in the history of the game, at any level, in any sport" which remains as preposterous now as it was then.

You sure? He gets ejected and it is national headlines and is the topic of every talk show and in most newspapers. I'm willing to bet it has gotten more attention than any other ejection in recent memory. Heck, Jim Beoheim did a strip tease on ESPN's primetime matchup and it didn't get 10% of the attention this has. Instead when JB went nuts all the analysis was on the official.

Pitino skips a presser, nothing. Coach K won't to the halftime interview (btw, I don't blame him) and nobody says "it goes with the territory and if you can't take it go back to West Point".

It was a typical hyperbolic statement by Cal, but there is some credibility to what he says. Let's face it, what he is doing is interesting. A de facto "NBA factory" with guys coming and going, it makes for good fodder for the media... especially within the realm of college basketball where the biggest stars are the coaches.

It was a typical hyperbolic statement by Cal, but there is some credibility to what he says. Let's face it, what he is doing is interesting. A de facto "NBA factory" with guys coming and going, it makes for good fodder for the media... especially within the realm of college basketball where the biggest stars are the coaches.

You sure? He gets ejected and it is national headlines and is the topic of every talk show and in most newspapers. I'm willing to bet it has gotten more attention than any other ejection in recent memory. Heck, Jim Beoheim did a strip tease on ESPN's primetime matchup and it didn't get 10% of the attention this has. Instead when JB went nuts all the analysis was on the official.

Pitino skips a presser, nothing. Coach K won't to the halftime interview (btw, I don't blame him) and nobody says "it goes with the territory and if you can't take it go back to West Point".

Guys, we live in Kentucky so I get why it looks that way. But it's not even close. Off the top of my head and without spending any time on it, the Miami Heat, LA Lakers, Boston Celtic, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and the New York Yankees are FAR more scrutinized on a daily basis than UK.

the only sports figures more scrutinized are Lebron and Tiger. Considering the size of the Lexington media market it's pretty amazing.

Tony Romo. And a multitude of others. But for college basketball, he is definitely one of, if not the most polarizing. Same for the team.

the only sports figures more scrutinized are Lebron and Tiger. Considering the size of the Lexington media market it's pretty amazing.

It's basketball season so maybe it appears that way, but every single NFL quarterback faces more scrutiny on a national level than John Calipari.

Guys, we live in Kentucky so I get why it looks that way. But it's not even close. Off the top of my head and without spending any time on it, the Miami Heat, LA Lakers, Boston Celtic, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and the New York Yankees are FAR more scrutinized on a daily basis than UK.

Without a doubt. I am just talking within college basketball.