6 Classes for Football...What about other sports??

ZX3

I know there has been discussion about moving to 6 classes in football...

I think it is even still an open debate, but what about other sports that are not put in classes???? Has there been any discussion by these "great minds"

that will classify these sports?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there has been discussion about moving to 6 classes in football...

I think it is even still an open debate, but what about other sports that are not put in classes???? Has there been any discussion by these "great minds"

that will classify these sports?

No mention of it anywhere. That's a shame. We could leave basketball as is and add classes to everything else that falls under the KHSAA.

It is a horrible idea for football and it would be a lousy idea for other sports.

Guru points it out often, but no gives a rip about "equity of size" in basketball, but it is a big enough issue in football to consider adding two classes and further watering down the championship.

The hypocracy of those in favor of multiple classes (and propl 20, but that is another issue) is nauseating.

The we need equity in every sport except except basketball is really an an argument for the intelligent. :rolleyes:

It is a horrible idea for football and it would be a lousy idea for other sports.

Guru points it out often, but no gives a rip about "equity of size" in basketball, but it is a big enough issue in football to consider adding two classes and further watering down the championship.

The hypocracy of those in favor of multiple classes (and propl 20, but that is another issue) is nauseating.

The we need equity in every sport except except basketball is really an an argument for the intelligent. :rolleyes:

Agreed 100%. But until the Basketball head coaches start screaming for it, its just not going to happen. The KHSAA makes most of its money from the boys bball tourny and is understandably reluctant to mess with it. And for those that say it shouldn't be about the money, that's just not real world. The school are already complaining about the annual membership fee they pay to the KHSAA. People complain when the ticket prices go up. People complain that the rules are not enforced enough by the KHSAA (which takes money to investigate and enforce violations and increased enforcement results in greater legal costs). So at the end of the day, knowing the monetary limitations already on the KHSAA, I really doubt the KHSAA is going to bring classifications to basketball unless and until the head coaches scream about it. Does it make sense to have classes in a couple of sports but not in some? Of course not. But that's the way its going to stay.

I don't understand this comment. Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't mean you should be nauseated. If you are, I hope you keep a strong anti-acid on hand.

I don't understand this comment. Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't mean you should be nauseated. If you are, I hope you keep a strong anti-acid on hand.

It is nauseating and it has nothing to do with having a different opinion.

Agreed 100%. But until the Basketball head coaches start screaming for it, its just not going to happen. The KHSAA makes most of its money from the boys bball tourny and is understandably reluctant to mess with it. And for those that say it shouldn't be about the money, that's just not real world. The school are already complaining about the annual membership fee they pay to the KHSAA. People complain when the ticket prices go up. People complain that the rules are not enforced enough by the KHSAA (which takes money to investigate and enforce violations and increased enforcement results in greater legal costs). So at the end of the day, knowing the monetary limitations already on the KHSAA, I really doubt the KHSAA is going to bring classifications to basketball unless and until the head coaches scream about it. Does it make sense to have classes in a couple of sports but not in some? Of course not. But that's the way its going to stay.

And you probably won't here these head coaches screaming..especially from the boys side. I'm sure most of you know in the last 25 years only two private schools have won the state boys b-ball championship and have only made it to the finals three times. I guess those privates need to get off their butt and start working harder in basketball

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What don't you understand?

Is it all about equity for kids or not?

I was really arguing for why six (6) football classes and Prop. 20 are not good ideas more than arguing for classes in basketball.

I was really arguing for why six (6) football classes and Prop. 20 are not good ideas more than arguing for classes in basketball.

Understood and I agree that 6 classes are too many and that Prop 20 is a bad idea. Prop 20 is dead in my mind but I'm afraid 6 classes is coming.

I am not sure on the nauseating part, since you asked.

The enitre issue, which is being debated, is about people's "opinions" of equity.

What is fair and equitable to you, may make others nauseated. Whether there are 3, 4, 6, or 8 classes, football will still be played on Fridays. Young men will still compete to be the best whether you, or anyone else for that matter, decide to increase classes or decrease classes. My State Championship ring will feel no less special as the class 6A champ or the class 1A champ, whether the private champ or public champ.

One other question, Oldbird, if I am in favor of 6 classes does that make me a hypocrite? I am confused.