Boone County Football

kyyank

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cubbard is a little bare, I hope that I am wrong, I have friends whose kids are on the team. You feel for the coach who moved his family up here from a winning program, then gets shut out and his kid gets hurt. Enrollment and demographics play a huge roll in the success of a program. I was in a debate on another thread last week on this topic. Simon Kenton has benefited from population growth in Independence, Lloyd and Boone have been affected from mature neighborhoods.

Boone County's population has exploded in the last 20 plus years, but look at where Boone drew from pre-Ryle and Walton Verona did not play football. They rarely had kids going both ways and they had special team players that would of started on most clubs. Scott County is now the Boone of the 80's and 90's, no other county schools to compete against them.

Patients is key.... You so not win with a new coach right away unless it's the exact same system is in place....I will give them one more down year... The head coach needs to reach out to the youth leagues to get his program flowing in the right direction.

Patients is key....

They had patients in nearly every doctor / rehab office in Northern KY last year, that was the problem.

Just need to stay healthy, harness that talent, both on the team and in the halls, and stick with the plan. I'm not sure I think the future is as bright as Guru does, but I'm certain I don't think it is as doom and gloom as some are referencing.

I would like to hear some feedback from BGP'ers on the importance of middle school football? Boone does not have a middle school program, my sources close to the program say that there is not enough resources to have a team. Does this put Boone behind the 8 ball even more? Most schools have gone to this format, it gives them a chance to learn an abbreviated system that they will run in high school.

Love or hate the Bluebirds, you have to respect them and their success. The Ft Thomas youth program runs a very condensed version of what they see in the future. I was at the Boone/Highlands game when Towles was a senior, they won 50-0 that night. I was most impressed with all the players on HHS knowing their roll, everyone of them had those miniature playbooks on their arms, everyone was on the same page. During change of posessions, HHS came on and off the field as a unit, Boone seem to be overwhelmed and never really had a chance.

I do not believe you can teach that kind of execution in one summer to kids. This is just another disadvantage the Boone kids have to overcome.

I would like to hear some feedback from BGP'ers on the importance of middle school football? Boone does not have a middle school program, my sources close to the program say that there is not enough resources to have a team. Does this put Boone behind the 8 ball even more? Most schools have gone to this format, it gives them a chance to learn an abbreviated system that they will run in high school.

Love or hate the Bluebirds, you have to respect them and their success. The Ft Thomas youth program runs a very condensed version of what they see in the future. I was at the Boone/Highlands game when Towles was a senior, they won 50-0 that night. I was most impressed with all the players on HHS knowing their roll, everyone one of them had those miniature playbooks on their arms, everyone was on the same page. During change of posessions, HHS came on and off the field as a unit, Boone seem to overwhelmed and never really had a chance.

I do not believe you can teach that kind of execution in one summer to kids. This is just another disadvantage the Boone kids have to overcome.

High school football has always been, is now, and will always be about TALENT and coaching. Middle school football is nice but it's not a determining factor regarding varsity success. Talent and coaching are.

You also must realize that this isn't Trinity or X. This is Boone County. After their ones go down to injury there is a big drop off. If Lamb and Griff don't get hurt this season..it is a completely different story IMO. We barley beat them in a game against mostly back ups. I'd say give the new coach who has won 2 state championships against quality competition some time before we jump to conclusions.

High school football has always been, is now, and will always be about TALENT and coaching. Middle school football is nice but it's not a determining factor regarding varsity success. Talent and coaching are.

I'll disagree with this. I've gotten kids who have played since they were 5 and they are light years ahead of someone with the same athletic ability that has never played before. It's rare down here to get a player who has never played before turn out to be a stud if they have never played before. One year I had 4 players show up as freshmen who were all between 6'2 and 6'4 that weighed between 250 and 270. They were so raw that they got abused by kids half their size that had played before.

It does take a mix of talent and coaching but if you want to be a successful program you need a successful feeder program.

I'll disagree with this. I've gotten kids who have played since they were 5 and they are light years ahead of someone with the same athletic ability that has never played before. It's rare down here to get a player who has never played before turn out to be a stud if they have never played before. One year I had 4 players show up as freshmen who were all between 6'2 and 6'4 that weighed between 250 and 270. They were so raw that they got abused by kids half their size that had played before. It does take a mix of talent and coaching but if you want to be a successful program you need a successful feeder program.

My point is it doesnt matter whether Boone has a middle school program.

When all things are equal experience will win. What highlands does with their youth programs is an anomaly, but look at the rest of the state. Nearly every team in state finals this year has a developed middle school program. I bet most participate in the msfb association and have had success.