Boone County Football

kyyank

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll disagree with this. I've gotten kids who have played since they were 5 and they are light years ahead of someone with the same athletic ability that has never played before. It's rare down here to get a player who has never played before turn out to be a stud if they have never played before. One year I had 4 players show up as freshmen who were all between 6'2 and 6'4 that weighed between 250 and 270. They were so raw that they got abused by kids half their size that had played before.

It does take a mix of talent and coaching but if you want to be a successful program you need a successful feeder program.

Boone chose not to set up a grade school football program like Cooper and Ryle has, but that doesn't mean they don't have a feeder program because they do in a way. The same they've always had when they were good. They have the BCPWFL.

Now with that said, they simp,y didn't have the talent last year and even if they didn't have all the injuries it wouldn't have made that mch of a difference I don't think.

Some may not like hearing this, but there will never be a Boone county school that will be a perenial power at football simply because of the number of schools in the county and how the school board has set them up. You will have now and then a team from the county have pretty good season or two but they will usually be followed with down years because the talent in the county is spread among 4 schools which creates parody in the county. Just look at their basketball, it's not much different.

What the parody will show and what will stand out is the coaching. That is where the good coaches will rise to the top and the bad will sink. With that parody in the county it is fun to see what the coaches do with what they got.