Boone County Football

kyyank

Guru and all BC followers, are the days of them being competitive over? Has redistricting, with the addition of Cooper, relegated them to an inner city school, where schools tend to struggle with issues that traditional powers don't have?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this for a couple years and still believe it. I think football in Boone County will be just like Girls and Boys basketball in the county where it will go in cycles who the good teams and bad teams are. Look at girls basketball in the county now, each team has beaten and lost to eachother. The talent is spread around to all the schools it is parody at its best.

Given the demographics of BC, I'm curious if there will be enough parents guiding their son to football. Basketball is easy to get numbers to play, and it only takes a star or two to make a decent squad. Football requires more.

Given the demographics of BC, I'm curious if there will be enough parents guiding their son to football. Basketball is easy to get numbers to play, and it only takes a star or two to make a decent squad. Football requires more.

I think you need to give the new coach a couple of more years before you start with all the doom and gloom.

I think a good way to judge talent is look at freshman team results. Freshman games are usually won by more talented teams. I know Boone had a pretty good freshman team a couple years ago, but I also believe Thad Moss was on that team. How did the senior-sophomore classes at Boone do as freshmen?

Before this goes off in the wrong direction, I don't believe freshman ball results determine varsity results a few years later. A lot happens from freshman year to senior year. Teams that are just ok as freshmen can be good varsity teams.

I think this will be another bad year. They have some athletes though and floyd is a great one.

Floyd was a great athlete, but when used in the wrong position the end results are not good. Floyd is not a QB and they were pretty much doomed from the start as soon as they moved Floyd to QB because of injury.