Charleston, SC

4pointplay

Heading down to Charleston next week for a little fall vacation. Taking in the Southern Ground Music Festival on the weekend. Have a little golf planned along with some kayaking and taking in some of the historical tours.

What else do I need to do? Any suggestions on restaurants, etc.....?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading down to Charleston next week for a little fall vacation. Taking in the Southern Ground Music Festival on the weekend. Have a little golf planned along with some kayaking and taking in some of the historical tours.

What else do I need to do? Any suggestions on restaurants, etc.....?

I Love Charleston!!!!!!!

Used to live there, it's where I met my wife and we were married. Lived there until Hurrican Hugo came through and destroyed the place we lived and where I worked, then moved back here.

Some things that are a must if you've never been there.

1. Visit Fort Sumter

2. Walk the battery and rainbow row, a lot of neat little shops there also.

3. Visit Boone Hall Plantation BOONE HALL PLANTATION: Home

Boone Hall's Avenue of Oaks was the inspiration and used in the movie Gone with the Wind. "the avenue of oaks is based on one at Boone Hall Plantation"

You can also visit Summerville High School for a Friday Night Football game, home of the winningest coach in Football at any level John McKisick (over 600 wins), also where AJ Green went to school.

1 - 3 are must see's if you are in Charleston. You will have a blast!!!

PM Me if you have any questions, I know the area pretty well.

Naming one restaurant in Charleston is like picking one Victoria's Secret model for a one night fling. So many fine choices. Bright side is that you can hardly go wrong. If you need a # for a 4 hour in shore fishing expedition, let me know. We had a great experience.

Naming one restaurant in Charleston is like picking one Victoria's Secret model for a one night fling. So many fine choices. Bright side is that you can hardly go wrong. If you need a # for a 4 hour in shore fishing expedition, let me know. We had a great experience.

Shoot me that number please. Thanks!

I Love Charleston!!!!!!!

Used to live there, it's where I met my wife and we were married. Lived there until Hurrican Hugo came through and destroyed the place we lived and where I worked, then moved back here.

Some things that are a must if you've never been there.

1. Visit Fort Sumter

2. Walk the battery and rainbow row, a lot of neat little shops there also.

3. Visit Boone Hall Plantation BOONE HALL PLANTATION: Home

Boone Hall's Avenue of Oaks was the inspiration and used in the movie Gone with the Wind. "the avenue of oaks is based on one at Boone Hall Plantation"

You can also visit Summerville High School for a Friday Night Football game, home of the winningest coach in Football at any level John McKisick (over 600 wins), also where AJ Green went to school.

1 - 3 are must see's if you are in Charleston. You will have a blast!!!

PM Me if you have any questions, I know the area pretty well.

I went to Fort Sumter, was not impressed at all. I guess if your a history freak it might be ok. We took a carriage ride that was pretty cool, seeing all the different historic mansions and how they have weathered over time. Thought it was funny when the horses took a leak the driver would jump out and put a marker on it. Then at the end of the day they would come by and steam clean the soiled area. We also visited the slaves market. Slaves were NOT sold or traded there, it is where people came to sell there hand made merchandise. Straw hats and baskets were the main items being sold there.

I love the atmosphere there and if I ever moved from where I am now, that's where I'd move to. A few years back Charleston was ranked #1 for being the "friendliest" city in the US.

Go to Charleston every year and we LOVE it. There is a little yogurt shop down near the battery, get yourself a cup of that and then walk the battery from one to the other right around dusk. Beautiful. The homes down in that area are simply breathtaking.

Tons of good restaurants, many on the water around downtown, and several good ones up the road a couple of miles in Mt Pleasant.

We had already planned on visiting Ft Sumter as I am a history buff. Not into the fishing but we have scheduled a kayak tour thru one of the local wildlife sanctuaries. Definitely looking to sample the local cuisine!

Fort Sumter is neat for history buffs, that is why I like it. But as another said, there really isn't much to it. Kind of like visiting the alamo...not much to it, but thinking of what happened there makes it pretty cool in my eyes.

Go down town to the Battery and you will find some really nice restaurants.

Since you are a history buff, I really hope you go to Boone Hall Plantation, that is pretty cool.

Go to Charleston every year and we LOVE it. There is a little yogurt shop down near the battery, get yourself a cup of that and then walk the battery from one to the other right around dusk. Beautiful. The homes down in that area are simply breathtaking.

Tons of good restaurants, many on the water around downtown, and several good ones up the road a couple of miles in Mt Pleasant.

You may be talking about Sweet Ce Ce's on Market street, we had yogurt there also.

We had already planned on visiting Ft Sumter as I am a history buff. Not into the fishing but we have scheduled a kayak tour thru one of the local wildlife sanctuaries. Definitely looking to sample the local cuisine!

We did one from Shem Creek into the harbor. My boys loved it.