Charleston, SC

4pointplay

Can't believe we've heard of no updates yet!!!! 4pointplay, you didn't get swept out to sea from isle of palms did you?

Not swept out to see yet....will probably happen on the kayak outings on Thursday and Friday!

Southern Ground Music Festival was great. Really enjoyed seeing Willie Nelson perform and Zac Brown was outstanding. Highly recommend this music festival either down here or in Nashville.

Monday was Ft Sumter tour day. Tour was very informative for a Civil War/history buff. Went downtown Monday night and walked the Battery. Had a really good dinner at Queology (BBQ joint) and found a really good gelatto place to close out the evening. The housing and architecture were pretty amazing.

Toured the Magnolia Plantation today. Interesting tour as it included tour of some wetlands and river area around the plantation. Saw some good sized gators!

Found an amazing pizza place in North Charleston on way back to Patriots Point. Pizza lace was called Evo Pizza. Usually not much for gourmet pizza but had a Chorizo and Corn Pizza that was out of this world.

Golfing tomorrow at Patriot Point Links!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not swept out to see yet....will probably happen on the kayak outings on Thursday and Friday!

Southern Ground Music Festival was great. Really enjoyed seeing Willie Nelson perform and Zac Brown was outstanding. Highly recommend this music festival either down here or in Nashville.

Monday was Ft Sumter tour day. Tour was very informative for a Civil War/history buff. Went downtown Monday night and walked the Battery. Had a really good dinner at Queology (BBQ joint) and found a really good gelatto place to close out the evening. The housing and architecture were pretty amazing.

Toured the Magnolia Plantation today. Interesting tour as it included tour of some wetlands and river area around the plantation. Saw some good sized gators!

Found an amazing pizza place in North Charleston on way back to Patriots Point. Pizza lace was called Evo Pizza. Usually not much for gourmet pizza but had a Chorizo and Corn Pizza that was out of this world.

Golfing tomorrow at Patriot Point Links!

Awesome!!!!

You will love Patriots Pt Golf course. I had a Caddyshackish moment at that course. It was back in 1987, hole #13 it's a par 5 with a lake on the right. The hole doglegs right and goes around the lake, so if you want to go for the green on 2 you need to carry the lake. This particular day I was having the best round of my life up to that point. It started storming, rain coming down in buckets. My wife used to ride with me in the cart when I would golf and was with me this day. It was raining so hard but like Caddyshackish in the storm I couldn't stop because of the game I was having. It was like p,aging in a monsoon when we reached that hole. I crushed the drive and on a normal day would of had about 250-260 to the green, but with the wind and the rain it was closer to 280 to the green wind straight in our face. I was -1 when we reached the 13th and after the drive I had I had to go far it.

I took my driver out and wanted to see if I could hit it off the deck with it, I crushed the shot straight into the wind and rain and watched as it headed toward the green. The rain was coming down so hard we lost sight of the ball about half way there. We drove up to the green in hopes we'd find the ball and it wasn't in the lake and there it sat on the green about 12 feet from the hole. I knocked in the eagle putt and then the siren blew...had to evacuate the course dangit. Finished 13 at -3 and never got to finish that round.

There is another really fun hole on that course. It's #17 par 3. You hit over the inlet of the ocean, very short hole but depending on the wind you can hit anywhere from a sand wedge to a 6 iron off the tee. Very fun but dangerous hole.

Have a blast buddy!!!!!

Where are you 4pointplay? I want to hear about the rest of your trip

Just trying to catch up after being off a week! lol!

Great trip and really enjoyed the city of Charleston. Weather was a little bit cooler than we would have liked but didn't really stop us from doing anything that we wanted.

The golf at Patriots Point Links was very good as course was in great shape. Extremely windy on the day that we played and it made the course play very long. Wind was in your face majority of the back nine and really made it tough on some of the holes. The short par 3 on the back nine where you are hitting towards the harbour with a green surrounded by vegetation and water for an island green type of feel was an absolute beast.

I shot a 95 and was very happy. Ran into a 10 foot gator on the back 9 at one of the holes sunning itself a few feet from the green and amazingly the mrs. had no interest in finishing that hole.

We took two kayak tours towards the end of the week. The first one from Shem Creek out into the harbor and onto a bird sanctuary. That was a pretty spectacular trip seeing dolphins and the bird sanctuary was loaded as well. Second kayak tour was from Folly Beach area and we toured the tidal basin area. Not as exciting as the first tour but it was a late afternoon early evening junket. Saw a pretty spectacular sunset out on the water in a kayak.

We spent some time at Folly Beach and Isle of Palms. Both very nice but probably enjoyed Isle of Palms a little bit more.

We ate very well and will need to spend a little more time on the treadmill and eliptical this week to make up for that. Had a great meal at the Charleston Crab Shack on Wappoo and a good meal on Shem Creek at RB's Seafood. Best meal of the week was at EVO's Pizza which a little gourmet pizza place in North Charleston that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

We accomplished a whole lot in a week with the Southern Ground Music & Food Festival, historical tours, golf and kayaking. I really enjoyed the city of Charleston as it had a very laid back southern vibe. We enjoyed the trip and are really considering heading back in the summer and bringing the kids and having a family vacation there as well

Loved the recap, thanks!! It actually made me want to go back soon. Loved the place so much for several reasons. (where I met my wife etc.) that we bought a Kincaid Painting a few years ago of Rainbow row and it's hanging in our dinning room.

Love the place. thanks again.