Charleston, SC

4pointplay

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to go to the Isle of Palms and have a drink at the Windjammer

My wife's uncle has a house on Dewees Island and the ferry leaves from Isle of Palms Marina. We go to Morgan's Creek a couple times a week when we are down there. We ran the Cooper River Bridge run in '12 and went there to watch the UK v UL Final 4. It was awesome.

My wife's uncle has a house on Dewees Island and the ferry leaves from Isle of Palms Marina. We go to Morgan's Creek a couple times a week when we are down there. We ran the Cooper River Bridge run in '12 and went there to watch the UK v UL Final 4. It was awesome.

I loved that area. There is a pretty sweet and exclusive gated community near Isle of Palms also, Wild Dunes. IT also has one of the best golf courses around if you're ever able to play it.

Charleston is an absolutely great town. If I ever moved from N. Ky., it would have to be at the top of the list. While on active duty, Henry and I spent a lot of time in Charleston. A fellow Marine officer and great friend came from an old, old Charleston family. He was a SOB (which is a good thing in Charleston). Because of him, we got to see a side of Charleston and the surrounding low country that very, very few outsiders ever get to experience. It was flat out cool.

If you're into Ghost tours, they have some good ones to choose from. You got a leg up on most, a lot of good information shared in this thread :thumb:. There's a really good seafood joint which overlooks the river near the military academy. The name escapes me, the food was very good.

Take a good camera if you're into architecture, landscaping, with a wide angle lens. You could spend a week just walking through old Charleston taking pics, eating & drinking well along the way! Have a great trip and safe travels.

Interesting topic, I saw this the other day and thought it needed to be shared here.

Worlds top 10 cities, not only was Charleston the only city in the US, but it was also #1

World?s top 10 cities led by Charleston, Cape Town and of course, Gustavia | SmartPlanet

charlestongardens.jpg

4pointplay, you know you will have to give us all a full report when you get back to let us know what you did and how you liked it.

I went to Fort Sumter, was not impressed at all. I guess if your a history freak it might be ok. We took a carriage ride that was pretty cool, seeing all the different historic mansions and how they have weathered over time. Thought it was funny when the horses took a leak the driver would jump out and put a marker on it. Then at the end of the day they would come by and steam clean the soiled area. We also visited the slaves market. Slaves were NOT sold or traded there, it is where people came to sell there hand made merchandise. Straw hats and baskets were the main items being sold there.

I love the atmosphere there and if I ever moved from where I am now, that's where I'd move to. A few years back Charleston was ranked #1 for being the "friendliest" city in the US.

Charleston is an absolutely great town. If I ever moved from N. Ky., it would have to be at the top of the list. While on active duty, Henry and I spent a lot of time in Charleston. A fellow Marine officer and great friend came from an old, old Charleston family. He was a SOB (which is a good thing in Charleston). Because of him, we got to see a side of Charleston and the surrounding low country that very, very few outsiders ever get to experience. It was flat out cool.

Great minds think alike. :thumb:

Arrived around 7:00 last night. Staying in the Patriots Point/Mt Pleasant section of town. Had a late dinner/drinks at the Shem Creek Bar & Grill. Took an early morning run around Patriots Point and the harbor.

Very impressed with the College of Charleston athletic facilities we passed this morning on the run.

Heading out to the Southern Ground Music Festival this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing Willie Nelson and Zac Brown Band!

Arrived around 7:00 last night. Staying in the Patriots Point/Mt Pleasant section of town. Had a late dinner/drinks at the Shem Creek Bar & Grill. Took an early morning run around Patriots Point and the harbor.

Very impressed with the College of Charleston athletic facilities we passed this morning on the run.

Heading out to the Southern Ground Music Festival this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing Willie Nelson and Zac Brown Band!

Awesome, sounds great. Patriots point has a good golf course since you are in the area. Isle of Palms beach is real close to you, hope you make it there.