Miller to visit Louisville

Please, Macy is a great coach, they have just been very young these past two years.

01-02 2nd in OVC

02-03 2nd in OVC

03-04 3rd in OVC

While I do think that some people can learn the game well without ever being a part of it, I totally agree that someone who won Mr. Basketball in the state of Indiana (legendary for their high school basketball), who was an All-American in college and part of a national champion team, and played 10 years in the pros with the Suns, Bulls, and Pacers is a better judge of talent, simply because he has been around great talent all of his life.

Do you actually think you are a more "qualified" judge of talent than any current college basketball coach??? You may know the game compared to the guys on this forum but come on. They don't give those jobs to anyone.

In hindsight, probably not fair on my part to kick Macy when he's down. Sorry 'bout that, coach.

More qualified? No, I would never suggest I am more qualified than any college coach. I simply resent the whole "you didn't play, so you are unqualified to comment" attitude that you get at times. It's ridiculous, and dismisses out of hand the ability of a non-player to learn, observe and assess. I'm pretty high on my abilities, and I'm more right than wrong. And I know some really dumb people who played in college and pro who I would argue that myself and lots of other people on this board know more than these alleged experts, just because they played the game.

But that's a different argument.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight, probably not fair on my part to kick Macy when he's down. Sorry 'bout that, coach.

More qualified? No, I would never suggest I am more qualified than any college coach. I simply resent the whole "you didn't play, so you are unqualified to comment" attitude that you get at times. It's ridiculous, and dismisses out of hand the ability of a non-player to learn, observe and assess. I'm pretty high on my abilities, and I'm more right than wrong. And I know some really dumb people who played in college and pro who I would argue that myself and lots of other people on this board know more than these alleged experts, just because they played the game.

But that's a different argument.

I see where you are coming from and in a lot of ways, I agree. I couldn't go without defending our boy Macy.

How would someone who doesn't know Miller well, know what schools are recruiting and how hard they are recruiting him?? And then provide facts like they have copies of his recruiting letters or tapes of his phone calls?? Get real.

I believe you need to get real my friend.

I havent once talked FACTS about Miller except for 1.) my personal observations of his ability which arent even facts to begin with, they are just opinions, and I have also talked 2.) the FACTS that I know concerning "recruiting process" in general. Both of these things I can apply to Miller's personal recruiting situation and not have to know diddly about his personal recruiting situation.

As far as Miller's personal recruiting situation goes....... I am going off what has been posted on this board. But once again I will state......... no one poster on this board has UNBIASED, OBJECTIVE, HARD FACTS FROM A CREDIBLE SOURCE (such as a parent, a coach, a recruiting database, a newspaper, etc etc etc) about Miller's recruiting situation. Until we hear from one of these, then its all hearsay as far as I am concerned.

Dont call me out when you are the one making vague generalizations about Miller's specific situation.... like "well this school is recruiting Miller hard" and "this schools has said Miller will start right away." As far as I am concerned all that is just bologne until you back it up with some proof.

Show me a scholly offer from UofL and I will eat crow all day long. Shoot..... show me a scholly offer from Eastern or Western or any D1AA school and I will eat crow. If I am sooooooo off base to say what I have said, then show me a complete list of all the schools that are recruiting Miller, and then a complete list of all the schools that have OFFERED Miller!!!! Back all this stuff you are asserting with some HARD PROOF.

Until then, you are the one who needs to get real my friend, and quit over hyping this kid.

One a side note..... I dont know what your problem is with me. But you need to quit getting so darn offended by my posts. You take all this wayyyyyyyy to personal. Chill out man.

bell14, Once again, good honest post. I would say the only difference would be that he does have d1AA interest. I honestly don't understand the difference in official and unofficial except for NCAA rules. The difference would be that he would have to pay his own expenses to come. But once you arrive on campus, they still provide a pass to the game and will talk sometime in the process. He would still have to receive a verbal invitation that was instigated by the school in either case. I would also agree that we all need to just let this play out, understanding that no matter what happens, he got an opportunity that most kids only dream about.

There is no D1AA in basketball either. Good to know you have your stuff straight. :rolleyes:

Listen, I'm not out to prove how good I was or whatever. I'm simply saying that I know every in and out of the recruiting process. I'm sorry you don't know of any family in Middlesboro who could boast of this but maybe that means you don't know everybody, which would be understandable.

Let me give you an example. You played baseball at Bell County. I have heard you talk about you being in high school around maybe 98 or 99 on. Let's examine:

98 District Championship- Middlesboro 12 Bell County 2

99 First Round of District- Pineville 9 Bell County 6

District Championship- Middlesboro 16 Pineville 0

00 District Championship- Middlesboro 12 Bell County 2

01 District Championship- Middlesboro 10 Bell County 3

02 District Championship- Middlesboro 17 Bell County 1

03 District Championship- Middlesboro 13 Bell County 6

Now, you may say what is the point of all this, this thread is about Miller visiting Louisville and not baseball scores. You said earlier, "If he is the amazing player you make him out to be, Middlesboro would have a lot better record in his years there. One player can make a difference on the high school level in case you havent watched it before."

In high school baseball a pitcher, which you said you were, makes just as much difference as one player can make on a basketball team. Seeing how awful your high school baseball team was, using your reasoning, I could say that there is no way a D1 baseball player could come from that team. However, you said you were approached by some D1 schools and even an SEC team (UK) about coming on. How is it then that you, out of everybody on here, can't understand how a great individual player off of a below average high school team, can get looked at by a big program. You said UK for you which although they aren't the greatest, play in the toughest baseball conference hands down and that is equivalent to Louisville right now.

It is possible people.

And just so you and bellco14 can sleep tonight, I played baseball where mind you there is no D1-AA and yes every family member that I mentioned did play D1.

For the record, I graduated in 01, and never pitched an inning of post season ball against Middlesboro. I pitched twice during the regular season in my 4 years, and I never claimed to be a great pitcher. I was recruited as an infielder. 00 and 01 I pitched the first round games to ensure we got to the finals and into the regional tournament after the debacle we had against Pineville the first year. I believe a certain player that transferred to Mboro after that year pitched the Pineville game.

Middlesboro was always a great team while I was in high school and Bell was always average. Now, since you know so much about baseball, what makes you think one infielder with college opportunities can make a difference against probably 6 or 7 kids with college opportunities and one of them is likely pitching.

I know you arent stupid enough to believe that one player can make a difference in baseball, as they can in basketball. I dont think I really need to address that any further. If you dont get that you just dont get that. You must have some problems if you dont get it.

Where did I say an SEC team approached me about playing ball? Show me where I said that, I'd like to see it. I was never asked to walk on for UK. Most of my recruiting work was done by myself, my parents, Coach Greer, and Tom Leddington. I was asked to walk on at a lower level on D1 than UK. I dont have to prove myself to you though. Who are you?

Which brings me to my final point. Think about it. I'm from Bell Co. and played sports and was an avid sports fan. Odds are if you had a family history like that, I'd know.

To all you experts out there...

If you really know what you are talking about, you would know there is no D1AA in basketball! The schools you are referring to in EKU,WKU, Morehead are on that level in football, but that is not the case in basketball.

Thanks for the defense earlier ukbell. I cant get on here everyday and that kept things lined up.

In response to the comments about the SEC school, I'll say again. I wasnt recruited or what not by an SEC school (UK). I am at UK and have been involved with a couple of sports programs and have learned more about the college recruiting process at the D1 level.

If it is the last 5 years, I would know of you, and I dont. I can think of a few players from Mboro that went to college and played ball, and can only think of one recently that went to a D1 school to start off with, but he graduated in like 99 I believe. I dont know who you are.

If you really know what you are talking about, you would know there is no D1AA in basketball! The schools you are referring to in EKU,WKU, Morehead are on that level in football, but that is not the case in basketball.

Thanks for the defense earlier ukbell. I cant get on here everyday and that kept things lined up.

In response to the comments about the SEC school, I'll say again. I wasnt recruited or what not by an SEC school (UK). I am at UK and have been involved with a couple of sports programs and have learned more about the college recruiting process at the D1 level.

If it is the last 5 years, I would know of you, and I dont. I can think of a few players from Mboro that went to college and played ball, and can only think of one recently that went to a D1 school to start off with, but he graduated in like 99 I believe. I dont know who you are.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I dont mean to call anyones credibility into question...... but something is fishy here.

And for the record..... when I discuss D1AA basketball I am simply making a distinction between major D1 basketball programs and lower D1 basketball programs. Sorta like in KY HS basketball when you have the All-A classic. There is really no A,AA,AAA,AAAA in KY HS basketball, like there is in football, but we use those classifications to divide the teams.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I dont mean to call anyones credibility into question...... but something is fishy here.

And for the record..... when I discuss D1AA basketball I am simply making a distinction between major D1 basketball programs and lower D1 basketball programs. Sorta like in KY HS basketball when you have the All-A classic. There is really no A,AA,AAA,AAAA in KY HS basketball, like there is in football, but we use those classifications to divide the teams.

:thumb:

A few?? haha

Graduating class of 1999

Jason Goodman- Spalding University NAIA

David Kelley- Lincoln Memorial DII

Josh Robinson- Lincoln Memorial DII then West Virginia State DII

Chad Adkins- Lindsey Wilson NAIA

Lee Hardin- Cumberland College NAIA

Graduating class of 2000

Derrick Wynn- Northern Kentucky DII then Union College NAIA

Jeremy Skidmore- ETSU DI then Union College NAIA

Class of 2001

David Chedester- Greeneville College DIII

Class of 2002

Brian Powell- Kentucky DI then Georgetown College NAIA

Class of 2003

None

Class of 2004

Justin Stewart- Cumberland College NAIA

Justin Harris- Union College NAIA

Vince Powell- Morehead State DI

Josh Burns- Maryville College DIII then Lincoln Memorial DII

Class of 2005

None

So much for just a few right?? That is 13 off the top of my head with 3 that were recruited and signed by DI schools. Hey baseball God you want to know how big a difference one player can make on a team why don't you ask Brian Powell, who was the only senior on the team in 2002. That team started 6 sophomores 2 juniors and Brian. How much can difference can one man make on a team when he plays middle infield, why don't you look at how things turned out that year?? Let me just help you out, they went to the Final Four.

Brian never pitched one inning for that team either. Which means he made a difference in every other aspect of the game, baserunning, fielding, hitting, and most importantly leadership. How much difference can one player on a team with one collegiate material player (neither of the two juniors played college ball and the other kids were sophomores and undeveloped) make when going against a team with 5+ future DI players, why don't you look at how they did against Boyd County in the sectional tournament?? Let me just help you out with that one, they beat them. They beat Boyd County, who was then the defending state champion on Boyd County's field while they had 5 DI players on their team.

So tell me one player can't make a big difference in baseball and I will laugh in your face just thinking of how many ways you are wrong.

And bellco14, thanks for the email. I learned a lot about how awesome you think you are and how much PT you could be getting. I'm not even going to respond. I don't seek fame from others or try to take credit for talent that was ultimately given to me (not earned). In fact, I forgive you brother. My only response to you is “What doth it profit a man to gain the entire world but lose his very soul “? and "Blessed are the humble in spirit

For theirs is the Kingdom of heaven."

And bellco14, thanks for the email. I learned a lot about how awesome you think you are and how much PT you could be getting. I'm not even going to respond. I don't seek fame from others or try to take credit for talent that was ultimately given to me (not earned). In fact, I forgive you brother. My only response to you is “What doth it profit a man to gain the entire world but lose his very soul “? and "Blessed are the humble in spirit

As far as the Miller topic goes:

Get back to me when you have a list of all the schools that have offered Miller!! I doubt UofL or any D1 schools is among them!! That is where the buck ends. I hope I am wrong, and I mean that as no knock on the kid. IMO its a shame, because he is very talented and I think deserves a shot. It is not going to happen though. Congrats on a visit..... but I will bet that is where it ends. SO QUIT HYPING IT UP!

About the above quote:

First off.... one must ask for forgiveness before it can be given. I never asked you so dont flatter yourself.

Second off...... I dont know where I wronged you to begin with it. Oh yeah, I didnt.

Third off..... I dont think you need to be quoting Bible verses to me about pride and humility. Arent you the one who, while attacking bellalumni40 said, and I quote, "I hate to sound arrogant, but...." and then preceded to talk about how great you and your family were at sports. I think the verse you need to be quoting is "Judge not, lest you be judged" and "Remove the log from your own eye, before you attempt to remove the splinter from your brothers."

Finally..... I have never taked credit for any talent that I have been given, just for the hardwork that I have put in to get to where I am, and where I hope to be one day. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am the last person to say that "I" have accomplished anything. To be honest I am the first to admit that I am not the best athlete in the world, but have worked extremely hard and had the help of numerous other people, including and above all, the Lord above.

Trust me..... I am not trying to impress you, so lets get this straight. But when you go off trying to hype everything up, and then attack my posts and opinions with personal jabs and comments, you can expect to be attacked back. I simply expressed an opinion that is in no way influenced by the fact that I am a Bell alumn. I have been the one guy on here from Bell to give Miller all the credit in the world. I have went so far as to state that I think he deserves the oppurtunity to play D1. I never made this a personal matter, yet you, for some reason, wanted to attack me personally. Its a shame. Guess I shouldnt have expected any less coming from a former Jacket though. They have never learned to take a loss from a Bobcat with any class.

And now that I have a clue who you are, its very obvious what your personal problem with me was. 21-0 and 49-14 couldnt have been fun. Pretty sad you are still so bitter about that some 5 years later.

1. Patrick Sparks 6'

2. Ravi Moss ..... walk on

3. I don't see him playing in the Big East. Jim Shue doesn't see him playing in the Big East. Rick Pitino does............. But what does he know?

4. Give the guy his props. They ask him to come visit. What's he going to do, say no! Who else has been ask from the mountains.

Why are you listing UK players ( rick coaches at Uof L

:confused:

A few?? haha

Graduating class of 1999

Jason Goodman- Spalding University NAIA

David Kelley- Lincoln Memorial DII

Josh Robinson- Lincoln Memorial DII then West Virginia State DII

Chad Adkins- Lindsey Wilson NAIA

Lee Hardin- Cumberland College NAIA

Graduating class of 2000

Derrick Wynn- Northern Kentucky DII then Union College NAIA

Jeremy Skidmore- ETSU DI then Union College NAIA

Class of 2001

David Chedester- Greeneville College DIII

Class of 2002

Brian Powell- Kentucky DI then Georgetown College NAIA

Class of 2003

None

Class of 2004

Justin Stewart- Cumberland College NAIA

Justin Harris- Union College NAIA

Vince Powell- Morehead State DI

Josh Burns- Maryville College DIII then Lincoln Memorial DII

Class of 2005

None

So much for just a few right?? That is 13 off the top of my head with 3 that were recruited and signed by DI schools. Hey baseball God you want to know how big a difference one player can make on a team why don't you ask Brian Powell, who was the only senior on the team in 2002. That team started 6 sophomores 2 juniors and Brian. How much can difference can one man make on a team when he plays middle infield, why don't you look at how things turned out that year?? Let me just help you out, they went to the Final Four.

Brian never pitched one inning for that team either. Which means he made a difference in every other aspect of the game, baserunning, fielding, hitting, and most importantly leadership. How much difference can one player on a team with one collegiate material player (neither of the two juniors played college ball and the other kids were sophomores and undeveloped) make when going against a team with 5+ future DI players, why don't you look at how they did against Boyd County in the sectional tournament?? Let me just help you out with that one, they beat them. They beat Boyd County, who was then the defending state champion on Boyd County's field while they had 5 DI players on their team.

So tell me one player can't make a big difference in baseball and I will laugh in your face just thinking of how many ways you are wrong.

That's a good amount. I knew most of those kids had at least intended on playing in college except for Burns.

As I said, I know of one D1 player, being Skidmore, and that is still the only one. I know for a fact that Brian was a walk on and gave it up before the semester even ended at UK. I would give him credit as being at Gtown though. To my knowledge, Vince never played a season at Morehead either. I love the Powell's they are great people, but thats just the way it would be seen. Justin also never played a day of college baseball.

If you still really believe one player can make such a difference in a baseball team, I cant help but laugh. Middlesboro had some good baseball players on that team. It's unfair to Brian to suggest that he carried that team on his back. Brian was a good leader for that team and a darn good baseball player, but it is ridiculous to suggest he alone was the reason that team had the success they did. You should ask him what he thinks, I think you know him well enough. ;)

I've got an idea who you are, and I think you know a lot of credit for the way Mboro baseball dominated Bell was b/c the coach prepared all his players to play at a high level. At Bell, only a couple of us were at that level. It's not hard to figure out.

Heed your own advice that you gave bellco14.

That's a good amount. I knew most of those kids had at least intended on playing in college except for Burns.

As I said, I know of one D1 player, being Skidmore, and that is still the only one. I know for a fact that Brian was a walk on and gave it up before the semester even ended at UK. I would give him credit as being at Gtown though. To my knowledge, Vince never played a season at Morehead either. I love the Powell's they are great people, but thats just the way it would be seen. Justin also never played a day of college baseball.

If you still really believe one player can make such a difference in a baseball team, I cant help but laugh. Middlesboro had some good baseball players on that team. It's unfair to Brian to suggest that he carried that team on his back. Brian was a good leader for that team and a darn good baseball player, but it is ridiculous to suggest he alone was the reason that team had the success they did. You should ask him what he thinks, I think you know him well enough. ;)

I've got an idea who you are, and I think you know a lot of credit for the way Mboro baseball dominated Bell was b/c the coach prepared all his players to play at a high level. At Bell, only a couple of us were at that level. It's not hard to figure out.

Heed your own advice that you gave bellco14.

I like how you said you were a "3rd generation D1 athlete." Nice to hide behind a name.

About the 2 bolded: And the truth comes out.

PM me about the "heed your own advice" comment. :confused: