You have got to be kidding me aaa1

Dlbdonn

Not all UK fans.

But a whole bunch of them, nonetheless. Ask a random sampling of long-time UK fans which player they hate the most, and I just about GUARANTEE that over half of them will say Laettner.

I find it amusing.

As is often the case, we agree.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a question and answer session with the two players. I personally did not care (mainly because I am not originally from KY but I know the history behind the game). But the reaction of the crowd was interesting to say the least. Laettner was introduced and got "golf claps". Thanks God, they did not boo him (that would have been embarrassing). Feldhaus was introduced to a roaring ovation. Feldhaus was very humble in his comments. Laettner was friendly, talked about the quality of play and skills of the youngsters at yesterday's basketball camp, but he was a bit arrogant when describing his role in the game back in 1992 (he boasted about "not missing a shot" and "UK failed to defend him"). He was obviously enjoying his "villain" role and took advantage of that to help with the spirit of the evening. One of the funniest things was a replay of the last 5 minutes of the game...only the ending was cleverly changed...Laettner misses the shot and UK goes on to win the NCAA championship and raise another banner.

There was a question and answer session with the two players. I personally did not care (mainly because I am not originally from KY but I know the history behind the game). But the reaction of the crowd was interesting to say the least. Laettner was introduced and got "golf claps". Thanks God, they did not boo him (that would have been embarrassing). Feldhaus was introduced to a roaring ovation. Feldhaus was very humble in his comments. Laettner was friendly, talked about the quality of play and skills of the youngsters at yesterday's basketball camp, but he was a bit arrogant when describing his role in the game back in 1992 (he boasted about "not missing a shot" and "UK failed to defend him"). He was obviously enjoying his "villain" role and took advantage of that to help with the spirit of the evening. One of the funniest things was a replay of the last 5 minutes of the game...only the ending was cleverly changed...Laettner misses the shot and UK goes on to win the NCAA championship and raise another banner.

He didn't miss a shot.

UK didn't defend him.

Arrogant or the truth?

Both...it was the way he said it...had to be there to hear it in his voice.

I have no doubt about how he probably said it. Partly playing the villain role and partly just him being him. If you read the Gene Wojo book about the 92 game you'll get a better feel for him. He likes to poke at people - friends or foes. Hurley hated him early in his career.