You have got to be kidding me aaa1

Dlbdonn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC is counting on the three events (the camp, the luncheon, and "Sports Nite") to be a big moneymaker for them. Every Catholic high school has similar events. It appears to me that they are trying very hard to gather in the "non-HC" dollar. Advertising is everywhere for this.

The continued outrage from UK fans regarding Laettner is pathetic....I promise, it doesn't call your UK "fandom" into question if you just let it go.

YOU can let it go and I can do whatever I like and WE can agree to disagree. There is nothing pathetic about that, IMO.

:thumb:

some of you folk take things way way too serious , to me it's a figure of speech meaning I dont care much for him. Of course if Lattner needed a samaritan I'd be a good one ! Like when ask who I root for when duke plays UNC ? my answer " the roof to collapse" .

HC is counting on the three events (the camp, the luncheon, and "Sports Nite") to be a big moneymaker for them. Every Catholic high school has similar events. It appears to me that they are trying very hard to gather in the "non-HC" dollar. Advertising is everywhere for this.

My boy is in 7th grade at Pius, plays ball for them. I looked at the school newsletter to see the details about signing him up, and it was not shown on the newsletter from last friday! No communication at all to the Pius kids as far as I have seen.

My boy is in 7th grade at Pius, plays ball for them. I looked at the school newsletter to see the details about signing him up, and it was not shown on the newsletter from last friday! No communication at all to the Pius kids as far as I have seen.

It has been on WLW 700, in the Enquirer, the back of the diocese Messenger newspaper, etc. Here is the link to the details. For all those who hate Laettner, spend $1.00 to vote for Feldhaus! :cool:

Holy Cross Sports Nite

Covington Holy Cross

Laettner will be in town as a celebrity along with Deron Feldhaus for Holy Cross's Big Sports Night event at Paul Brown Stadium on October 19th.

St. Pius X pastor Fr. Tom Robbins is the Holy Cross athletics chaplin and probably saw a window of opportunity to tap into Laettner's availability to conduct "camps" to supplement the profits of the event, or that of St. Pius Boosters coffers. You can also attend a luncheon with Laettner from 12Noon-1pm on October 19th for all of you expressing a wish to bash his head in - lol!!!

If you are interested in the events you can read more on Richard Skinner's NKY Sports Blog.

I am actually in the office of the guy that hooked Holy Cross and Laettner up. He organized something in Atlanta last year when UK and Duke played. Had Laettner and Sheppard and it went very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a sign of the end of the world?

Last night at Paul Brown Stadium was the Holy Cross Sports Night with Christian Laettner and Deron Feldhaus. Item #13 of the Live Auction was to "Pose for a Picture of your Foot on Christian Laettner's Chest...autographed". In order to increase bidding, Laettner volunteered to have the winning bidder put his or her foot on his NECK!!!! The winning bid was $2000.:clap:

Last night at Paul Brown Stadium was the Holy Cross Sports Night with Christian Laettner and Deron Feldhaus. Item #13 of the Live Auction was to "Pose for a Picture of your Foot on Christian Laettner's Chest...autographed". In order to increase bidding, Laettner volunteered to have the winning bidder put his or her foot on his NECK!!!! The winning bid was $2000.:clap:

But everybody hates him. :no:

Couldn't find a better dude who understands his history in life.

Dude gets it. It's just UK fans that don't.

Dude gets it. It's just UK fans that don't.

Not all UK fans.

But a whole bunch of them, nonetheless. Ask a random sampling of long-time UK fans which player they hate the most, and I just about GUARANTEE that over half of them will say Laettner.

I find it amusing.