A-Rod: Lifetime Ban?

D-Rob

Would baseball give him a lifetime ban if he was 25 years old? I don't think so because he would be a young stud that they could market, even with the negativity. We will never know but if he was younger, they wouldnt give him a lifetime ban, so I don't think they should now.

No (See Ryan Braun)

You are right, A-Rod has no value to the Yankees or MLB...he is as they say expendable at this point in his career.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rivals of the Yanks are thinking this is going to turn out to actually benefit the Yankees. Why? Any voided salary decreases the Yanks payroll with a)will likely bring them under the luxury tax limit (ie saves them $$) and b)it will give the Yanks a lot of money to go get the top free agents again.

The rivals of the Yanks are thinking this is going to turn out to actually benefit the Yankees. Why? Any voided salary decreases the Yanks payroll with a)will likely bring them under the luxury tax limit (ie saves them $$) and b)it will give the Yanks a lot of money to go get the top free agents again.

You see what Buck said about Weiters going to the Yanks? :lol2:

If Rodriguez gets banned for life, I guarantee they will be a huge court battle where Arod's lawyer's insist the ban was financially motivated. No way Arod, his agents or his lawyers walk away from the coin that is on the table. And don't tell me that when Arod signed this contract that there was no suspicion by Yankee management that PEDs were involved.

When Arod was in his prime, he was the premier hitting short stop the game had EVER seen! When a player is too good to be true ..........

Yes and no, the Yanks print money but the new boss likes to bank more than the last. Still I'd dump any of Arods contract that I can.

Sources: Yankees think A-Rod will be able to play Monday, because they expect his suspension to be eligible for appeal. (via @Buster_ESPN)

Really? They are going to play him?

I don't see why they wouldn't. Their third basemen have been awful this year so if ARod can provide an upgrade for a few games, I'd say go for it.

Note: Know that I absolutely despise ARod and the Yankees but it makes baseball sense.

Sources: Yankees think A-Rod will be able to play Monday, because they expect his suspension to be eligible for appeal. (via @Buster_ESPN)

Really? They are going to play him?

I don't see why they wouldn't. Their third basemen have been awful this year so if ARod can provide an upgrade for a few games, I'd say go for it.

Note: Know that I absolutely despise ARod and the Yankees but it makes baseball sense.

I am a Yankee fan but dislike A-Rod. But for some reason I am pulling for him in this. It has nothing to do with helping out the team, because they have no shot anyways, it is just something about the whole situation seems fishy to me from the MLB and team side of things. Do not misunderstand what I am going to say, he is guilty. But I genuinely believe MLB and NY have collectively conspired against A-Rod for their own reasons. That does not feel right to me.

And when I say I am pulling for him, I think a 200 game or lifetime suspension is unfair. His first admission was part of a leaked list, before the testing and punishment parameters were set. He and the others on that list were supposed to have a clean slate. Remember, this is from when he was still with the Rangers, we are not talking 2-3 years ago. Many act as if he was already suspended for his actions. Now if it is proven that he committed some kind of egregious act in obstructing justice then I will reevaluate.

I am a Yankee fan but dislike A-Rod. But for some reason I am pulling for him in this. It has nothing to do with helping out the team, because they have no shot anyways, it is just something about the whole situation seems fishy to me from the MLB and team side of things. Do not misunderstand what I am going to say, he is guilty. But I genuinely believe MLB and NY have collectively conspired against A-Rod for their own reasons. That does not feel right to me.

I agree...He is guilty but it seems like Bud and the Yankees have worked in closed areas behind A-Rod, even though they say otherwise. Bud wants A-Rod out and the Yanks want to save their money, why wouldn't they work together to keep him off the field.

And when I say I am pulling for him, I think a 200 game or lifetime suspension is unfair. His first admission was part of a leaked list, before the testing and punishment parameters were set. He and the others on that list were supposed to have a clean slate. Remember, this is from when he was still with the Rangers, we are not talking 2-3 years ago. Many act as if he was already suspended for his actions. Now if it is proven that he committed some kind of egregious act in obstructing justice then I will reevaluate.

Well he admitted in an interview that he used in 2006, but the interview was well after that but I believe the evidence says he's been using ever since 2009 or something like that. Failed drug test or not he's obviously done something to warrant such a harsh penalty or it wouldn't have been given. I don't think we've been made aware of everything they've found, and who knows if even when they announce the suspensions today if we will find out.