Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A-Rod: Lifetime Ban?

Featured Replies

And when I say I am pulling for him, I think a 200 game or lifetime suspension is unfair. His first admission was part of a leaked list, before the testing and punishment parameters were set. He and the others on that list were supposed to have a clean slate. Remember, this is from when he was still with the Rangers, we are not talking 2-3 years ago. Many act as if he was already suspended for his actions. Now if it is proven that he committed some kind of egregious act in obstructing justice then I will reevaluate.

 

Well he admitted in an interview that he used in 2006, but the interview was well after that but I believe the evidence says he's been using ever since 2009 or something like that. Failed drug test or not he's obviously done something to warrant such a harsh penalty or it wouldn't have been given. I don't think we've been made aware of everything they've found, and who knows if even when they announce the suspensions today if we will find out.

 

I heard someone say yesterday that evidence shows ARod brought other players to Bosch so that could be one reason for a larger suspension.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Bart ban Pete more so for failing to tell the truth than the gambling? Pete could have influenced a few games while ARod and his PED's influenced every game he's appeared in. I vote for 1 year suspension (162 games) for first violation, 3 years for second and lifetime for third violation. By the way, wipe out all records of anyone caught doing this junk as well.

 

If this were the Olympics, teams would be giving titles back to runner ups.

I heard someone say yesterday that evidence shows ARod brought other players to Bosch so that could be one reason for a larger suspension.

 

Which I get if he was involved with some systematic program to get people to Bosch. But all of these guys hear about PEDs from other players and who to contact. Unless he is shown to be the ring leader - which I am probably more skeptical than most in that respect in that he would be a ring leader - then I am not seeing how his punishments deserves to be 4 times or even greater than anyone else.

Buster Olney just tweeted this: T.J. Quinn reports that despite late effort by union to deal for A-Rod, MLB intends to formally suspend him at 3 pm through 2014 season.

He should have been banned for dating an over the hill Madonna years ago

Buster Olney just tweeted this: T.J. Quinn reports that despite late effort by union to deal for A-Rod, MLB intends to formally suspend him at 3 pm through 2014 season.

 

Good. Get on with it. I want to see him on the field because it is such a train wreck.

Good. Get on with it. I want to see him on the field because it is such a train wreck.

 

On the field tonight.

  • Author

"A-Rod is playing 3rd, batting 4th & pleading the 5th." - Curt Schilling

"A-Rod is playing 3rd, batting 4th & pleading the 5th." - Curt Schilling

 

Very nice.

I love how Selig pounds his chest, claiming how strong MLB's testing procedures are when none of these guys failed a test. Without the whistleblower these guys are all still playing. On top of that he lays down the largest non gambling suspension of all time and on that day one of those players suits up for his first game of the season. What a joke.

I love how Selig pounds his chest, claiming how strong MLB's testing procedures are when none of these guys failed a test. Without the whistleblower these guys are all still playing. On top of that he lays down the largest non gambling suspension of all time and on that day one of those players suits up for his first game of the season. What a joke.
I concur 100%.
I love how Selig pounds his chest, claiming how strong MLB's testing procedures are when none of these guys failed a test. Without the whistleblower these guys are all still playing. On top of that he lays down the largest non gambling suspension of all time and on that day one of those players suits up for his first game of the season. What a joke.

 

I disagree. They did not fail a test but still got nailed. It shows the player you may take something that is not detectable but if we get evidence that you take them you can still get suspended.

 

I disagree. They did not fail a test but still got nailed. It shows the player you may take something that is not detectable but if we get evidence that you take them you can still get suspended.

 

Agreed but Selig is making it seem like the system worked... It didn't, they were caught because of leaked documents and witnesses coming forward. They passed every test MLB threw at them (Braun being the exception). IMO it still makes baseball look silly. 20 or so players cheated the system and got pass MLB and wouldn't have been caught had it not been for outside evidence regarding them buying PED's.

IMO, if baseball has proof they used, they should be out; banned for life. Just like Pete. They say he cheated, well so did they and there will be no astericks on any of Pete's #s in the Hall.

Cabrera bought and set up websites to hide his use. Braun impuned the reputation of a man to hide his use and they don't get near the # of games that A-Rod got. They should all be out. Bonds - out, McGuire - out, Sosa - out, and on and on and on. Bud Selig should be out too. He is a tool.

Roger Maris and Hank Aaron forever!

B

IMO, if baseball has proof they used, they should be out; banned for life. Just like Pete. They say he cheated, well so did they and there will be no astericks on any of Pete's #s in the Hall.

Cabrera bought and set up websites to hide his use. Braun impuned the reputation of a man to hide his use and they don't get near the # of games that A-Rod got. They should all be out. Bonds - out, McGuire - out, Sosa - out, and on and on and on. Bud Selig should be out too. He is a tool.

Roger Maris and Hank Aaron forever!

 

Do you feel the same about football players?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.