World War Z

Figured with all the talk about this movie in the "Best Zombie Movie" thread we should give it's own thread.

Me, the wife, and "Daddy's Little Girl" went to Newport on The Levee for dinner and a movie tonight and took in this movie. I'm not a fan of Brad Pitt, but actually enjoyed his performance in this flick. It was very entertaining and thought the storyline was excellent. :thumb: If you are a fan of this genre you will definitely like this one.

The wife and daughter were "freaked out" at the speed that these zombies possessed, they too use to the movies with the slow, methodical ones that move with a limp. :lol2:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty well agree with everything you've said here. I'm not sure if there's a zombie film or show that carries more realism than WWZ. I still prefer The Walking Dead, but I thought the film was very well done.

I also read an article a while back where the director & studio both view WWZ as a trilogy. I know the ending certainly left open a sequel, but at the same time, the film had production & budget problems from day one. I wouldn't expect a second installment unless this one is a huge financial success.

I most certainly give it two thumbs up.

Saw where the budget was 150 mil, they spent 190 mil to produce. Opening weekend they expect the numbers to be between 52 and 58 mil.

Tuesday can't get here quick enough. I'm really stoked about this. I get to hang with my 19 year old along with 2 of his buddies and their dads . I never go to the theatre to see a flick. Last time was planet of the apes.

Saw this movie last night and it was as advertised. I thought the suspense of the chases and sheer numbers of zombies were incredible.

The entire Jeruselum story was incredible ( and just a little un-nerving).

Beginning if the movie and the panic that was shown in the beginning was chilling.

Pretty well agree with everything you've said here. I'm not sure if there's a zombie film or show that carries more realism than WWZ. I still prefer The Walking Dead, but I thought the film was very well done.

I also read an article a while back where the director & studio both view WWZ as a trilogy. I know the ending certainly left open a sequel, but at the same time, the film had production & budget problems from day one. I wouldn't expect a second installment unless this one is a huge financial success.

I most certainly give it two thumbs up.

As soon as this ended I said the same thing, not knowing anything about a possible trilogy.

Saw where the budget was 150 mil, they spent 190 mil to produce. Opening weekend they expect the numbers to be between 52 and 58 mil.

Tuesday can't get here quick enough. I'm really stoked about this. I get to hang with my 19 year old along with 2 of his buddies and their dads . I never go to the theatre to see a flick. Last time was planet of the apes.

At $10.50 a pop, there is a reason I don't go that often, plus there really hasn't been anything I've had any interest in seeing. For the life of me I honestly can't remember the last movie I seen at the theater that wasn't a "kids" movie.

Hell, I was lucky last night, we had a $20 gift card so it only set me back $11.50. BTW, before the movie we tried Strongs Brick-Oven Pizza which is a stones throw away from the Levee, excellent pizza. All in all great evening with 2 of my 4 ladies.

Edited by Lawnboy13

Saw this movie last night and it was as advertised. I thought the suspense of the chases and sheer numbers of zombies were incredible.

The entire Jeruselum story was incredible ( and just a little un-nerving).

Beginning if the movie and the panic that was shown in the beginning was chilling.

Agree on everything, especially Jerusalem. Wow! :eek:

Good news for those of us hoping for future installments. Film brought in $66 million, which was $10-$15 million more than expected. Finished second for the weekend, behind Monsters University ($82 million) & ahead of Man Of Steel ($41 million).

Biggest ever opening weekend box office for a Brad Pitt movie.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/monsters-u-scares-82m-hold-off-brad-pitts-150736272.html

Make sure you give us your review, my friend. :thumb:

Prior to The Walking Dead, I hated the zombie genre. I'm still not a huge fan of it as a whole, but TWD is great--both the show & the comic. Loved WWZ because of the realism involved.

It has to be better than the movie I watched in Richmond yesterday---"This Is The End". It's suppose to be a comedy but it has so much vulgar, I mean completely overboard, that it ruined most if the laughs for me. I kept asking myself throughout the movie, "Why didn't you watch Monster U?"

We loved it!

Had a great evening, did dinner and pre movie drinks with some old friends and their kids at longnecks than over the movie.

I thought the story line was good, was worried it would be all about his wife and kids but was not. Loved the 'camouflage' twist.

Not sure where the one armed girl figured in the plot. I thought she was part of the ending, but not really.

Two thumbs up. Plus never knew Tuesday night was $6.50 night.

Always good to see an action flick at the theatre. As I mentioned I seldom if ever go, so it made it special for me.