Without Wiggins??

StickerMann

While it's obvious that any team's talent level will improve if AW commits to their school; I've been hearing quite a few contradictory viewpoints that Kentucky may be somewhere between OK to better off without Andrew??

Most arguments seem to follow a similar line that this group of current commits seem to have bonded very well, and share a common work ethic that could be damaged by another talent/prima donna; who despite his claims to want to keep a low profile seems to be acting somewhat "LaBron-like", and has apparently shown some less than full speed efforts in some of the All-Star games.

Obviously some of this thinking is "preventative sour grapes" in case AW choses someone other than the Wildcats, but having seen the difficulty in creating chemistry with this year's NIT squad; is there some truth to this theory??

Don't get me wrong, as a UK fan I'd love to see Wiggins in KY Blue?? Thoughts??

Either way I think the Cats will be a very very good team and very hard to handle come March.

I can see both sides of the argument that it could either help or hurt. I think the best way to look at it is by looking back to the AD/MKG team, tons of talent that all bought in and played for each other. I think Cal will get that type of buy-in from this group.

While it's obvious that any team's talent level will improve if AW commits to their school; I've been hearing quite a few contradictory viewpoints that Kentucky may be somewhere between OK to better off without Andrew??

Most arguments seem to follow a similar line that this group of current commits seem to have bonded very well, and share a common work ethic that could be damaged by another talent/prima donna; who despite his claims to want to keep a low profile seems to be acting somewhat "LaBron-like", and has apparently shown some less than full speed efforts in some of the All-Star games.

Obviously some of this thinking is "preventative sour grapes" in case AW choses someone other than the Wildcats, but having seen the difficulty in creating chemistry with this year's NIT squad; is there some truth to this theory??

Don't get me wrong, as a UK fan I'd love to see Wiggins in KY Blue?? Thoughts??

No truth to this whatsoever.

So acting like Lebron is a bad thing? Whatever reports you've heard are not really accurate in my opinion.

No truth to this whatsoever.

So acting like Lebron is a bad thing? Whatever reports you've heard are not really accurate in my opinion.

Not saying I agree with these opinions, BUT the extended timeframe, mystery, etc. are looking al little prima donna-ish; and from many reports he's dogged it a little in some of these All-Star events?

Absolutely on board as one hoping he comes to the Bluegrass, but just playing a little devil's advocate with some alternative thoughts I've heard recently?

I realize most of the hype is coming from "without" the AW camp, but the drama is worthy of debate IMO. And you can count me as one who isn't the biggest LaBron fan ever since the fanfare of him dumping the Cavaliers in his public event--Narcissistic to the Max!! A big part of the ME generation!!

Horrible argument. My recruiting philosophy is as follows, if we have have x number of scholarships I want them to go to the 1-x ranked player. Talent wins more often than not.

UK should have a phenomenal team with or without Wiggins next year. But to say it'd be better off without the #1 player is absolutely foolish.

Not saying I agree with these opinions, BUT the extended timeframe, mystery, etc. are looking al little prima donna-ish; and from many reports he's dogged it a little in some of these All-Star events?

Absolutely on board as one hoping he comes to the Bluegrass, but just playing a little devil's advocate with some alternative thoughts I've heard recently?

I realize most of the hype is coming from "without" the AW camp, but the drama is worthy of debate IMO. And you can count me as one who isn't the biggest LaBron fan ever since the fanfare of him dumping the Cavaliers in his public event--Narcissistic to the Max!! A big part of the ME generation!!

Explain to me how Wiggins has acted like a prima donna?

How many other players dogged it in all these all-star games? I'm sure he wasn't the only one. I'd venture to say that playing all those games plus, traveling, media, etc. takes a toll on players and sometimes they aren't as into it as others.

Again this is an extremely weak argument.

Wiggins plus UK equals overwhelmings odds at being the best team in the country when all is said and done. Without him UK will definitely have a chance to win it all. But they have a chance to simply overrun the competition with talent. With such a deep bench selfishness would not be a problem.

UK can win it all without Wiggins but they would simply be one of the teams with a legit shot rather than the overwhelming favorite IMO.

I'm trying not to put too much hype on this team because at the end of the day, the majority of them are still 18 years old. I know this team will have a lot more talent, but we saw what happened last year when young players didn't buy into Cal's system. With or without Wiggins, I think this team is going to be a lot more fun to watch than last year.

Explain to me how Wiggins has acted like a prima donna?

How many other players dogged it in all these all-star games? I'm sure he wasn't the only one. I'd venture to say that playing all those games plus, traveling, media, etc. takes a toll on players and sometimes they aren't as into it as others.

Again this is an extremely weak argument.

Wiggins has remained silent, asked for no attention, and not given in to people begging for him to give an answer. A fickle teenager - like the rest of them - didn't make a decision quickly enough for fans. I would rather see a kid do this than verbal, de-commit, verbal, de-commit, etc. Again, we all preach the importance of patience but go nuts when we are required to exercise it.