Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Without Wiggins??

Featured Replies

Any talk of Wiggins being a prima donna and UK being better off without him is not only sour grapes, but foolish sour grapes that you might have to walk back if he ends up at Kentucky.

I think every school's fans are in the same boat here with not just Wiggins but other star talents. The UNC fans have been well documented.

Anyone that tries to make an argument that UK, or any team, is somehow better off without a player like Wiggins loses any credibility they might of had, period.

Anyone that tries to make an argument that UK, or any team, is somehow better off without a player like Wiggins loses any credibility they might of had, period.

 

They would obviously be better with Wiggins, however, I would say that UK has the least at stake as they will be very good regardless of which school he chooses. UNC and Kansas are in greater need of him to round out their lineups, and in my opinion FSU needs him to be relevant.

Any talk of Wiggins being a prima donna and UK being better off without him is not only sour grapes, but foolish sour grapes that you might have to walk back if he ends up at Kentucky.

 

Anyone that tries to make an argument that UK, or any team, is somehow better off without a player like Wiggins loses any credibility they might of had, period.

Exactly

Anyone that tries to make an argument that UK, or any team, is somehow better off without a player like Wiggins loses any credibility they might of had, period.

 

Wholeheartedly agree. :thumb:

 

As Irish Cat says, UK needs him the least of the four schools. Of course, I still want him. Really, really badly want him to be on the Cats roster for 2013-14. His presence takes an already talent-stacked roster & raises it to epic proportions. I've got the Cats #1 right now, just ahead of Michigan State & UL. Duke, Arizona, Florida & some other teams are going to be right there as well.

 

Wiggins takes UNC from what I see as a currently borderline top ten team to one of the top 2-3.

 

He takes Kansas from a top fifteen-ish team to a top five team.

 

He takes Florida State from mediocrity to a top 25.

 

He takes UK from top 1-3 to....well....you do the math.

  • Author
Explain to me how Wiggins has acted like a prima donna?

 

How many other players dogged it in all these all-star games? I'm sure he wasn't the only one. I'd venture to say that playing all those games plus, traveling, media, etc. takes a toll on players and sometimes they aren't as into it as others.

 

 

Again this is an extremely weak argument.

 

Again--Please don't tie me to these comments; I'm simply pointing out some OTHER opinions I've seen posted on blogs & message boards; and had heard voiced over the weekend?? I've got no clue what this kid is like other than he seems to be a good kid that is torn in his decision of where he's going to spend his year hiatus from the NBA??

 

I didn't call him out as a prima donna or am trying to make the silly argument that UK would be better off without him. Simply offering some opinions I'd heard whispered, and opened them for discussion. Obviously the overwhelming thoughts on BGP are these are weak offerings and as I stated in the opening probably a case of "preventative sour grapes" should he not head to Lexington. Here's hoping he makes the trip west on I-64 tomorrow!!

Wholeheartedly agree. :thumb:

 

As Irish Cat says, UK needs him the least of the four schools. Of course, I still want him. Really, really badly want him to be on the Cats roster for 2013-14. His presence takes an already talent-stacked roster & raises it to epic proportions. I've got the Cats #1 right now, just ahead of Michigan State & UL. Duke, Arizona, Florida & some other teams are going to be right there as well.

 

Wiggins takes UNC from what I see as a currently borderline top ten team to one of the top 2-3.

 

He takes Kansas from a top fifteen-ish team to a top five team.

 

He takes Florida State from mediocrity to a top 25.

 

He takes UK from top 1-3 to....well....you do the math.

 

Potty mouth! :lol2:

 

Really wish they could be 5th on a list of 4!

AS a UK fan I love this decision. He doesn't come here, UK will still be the title favorite. If he does come then UK will be the overwhelming favorite. No pressure as a fan, just get to sit back and relax. If he doesn't choose us oh well. But that being said... I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Wiggins!

 

:lol2:

They would obviously be better with Wiggins, however, I would say that UK has the least at stake as they will be very good regardless of which school he chooses. UNC and Kansas are in greater need of him to round out their lineups, and in my opinion FSU needs him to be relevant.

 

Agree.

"Learning patience." Yeah, yeah, yeah. How long will THAT take?

  • Author

Regarding the thread title--Guess we'll find out now?? :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.