Benghazi...To paraphrase the left from several years ago...

Okay. Hillary isn't on the staff now, right? What can be done to her so she is held accountable?

She could be compelled to testify again by way of subpoena. She could be asked directly about Mr. Hicks testimony. Doubt if she would, however. She would probably assert her 5th Amendment Rights to every question if she did testify. She would not want to perjure herself.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She could be compelled to testify again by way of subpoena. She could be asked directly about Mr. Hicks testimony. Doubt if she would, however. She would probably assert her 5th Amendment Rights to every question if she did testify. She would not want to perjure herself.

And there we will be. Still without any answers.

Edited by PurplePride92
Forgot a word.

* RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

Have you posted anything about Pickering's comments? Also, solid column by Kathleen Parker today. Her analysis is tough but fair.

I'd like to at least know who ordered the stand down.

Also, why change the talking points, why is our administration afraid to mention terrorist, or jihad in same sentence. It is what it is.

To me the stand down order is huge, but people are looking at it from the wrong perspective. People are trying to lay blame with whoever this person(s) may be and losing focus of WHY it was ordered and then WHY was there scrambling post-attack with the Susan Rice comments, protest talk, etc. From a military standpoint it was not seen as a wise decision to send in forces or considered too late. Not saying that is right or wrong, but not every person can be saved especially if you feel it will put others in harms way. Fair enough. It takes too much pride to admit something like that and people do not like hearing it, but it is at least an answer. People can nitpick the sequence of events but I am not wanting to do that any longer. The WHY question is a lot more important, imo. People can spin it how they wish, but you are kidding yourself if you do not think they were trying to avoid calling this a terrorist attack.

Have you posted anything about Pickering's comments? Also, solid column by Kathleen Parker today. Her analysis is tough but fair.

An 81-year old man who did not even interview the key people in the chain of the command and a columnist who majored in Spanish Literature. These are sources to guide opinion on a terrorist attack and failures of judgement, action and inaction?

Former and current law enforcement and military personnel seem to be better sources.

Lets avoid Rule #3:

* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

To me the stand down order is huge, but people are looking at it from the wrong perspective. People are trying to lay blame with whoever this person(s) may be and losing focus of WHY it was ordered and then WHY was there scrambling post-attack with the Susan Rice comments, protest talk, etc. From a military standpoint it was not seen as a wise decision to send in forces or considered too late. Not saying that is right or wrong, but not every person can be saved especially if you feel it will put others in harms way. Fair enough. It takes too much pride to admit something like that and people do not like hearing it, but it is at least an answer. People can nitpick the sequence of events but I am not wanting to do that any longer. The WHY question is a lot more important, imo. People can spin it how they wish, but you are kidding yourself if you do not think they were trying to avoid calling this a terrorist attack.

There are the tactical and 'real time' stand downs that were issued.

And ensuring a CBA response is coordinated is very reasonable. The problem is that it seems the out-of-country units were 'simply' told to stand-down. Had the make-shift 6-person rescue team that did extract the 40+ Americans had been disabled or their plane disabled at the airport there was nothing in the works for a contingency from everything available. Nothing. Units it Spain, Germany and Italy were all told to stand-down. Nothing has come forward that they were instructed to await orders for a coordinated response or rescue mission. The Americans in Benghazi seem to have been simply abandoned.

There are the tactical and 'real time' stand downs that were issued.

And ensuring a CBA response is coordinated is very reasonable. The problem is that it seems the out-of-country units were 'simply' told to stand-down. Had the make-shift 6-person rescue team that did extract the 40+ Americans had been disabled or their plane disabled at the airport there was nothing in the works for a contingency from everything available. Nothing. Units it Spain, Germany and Italy were all told to stand-down. Nothing has come forward that they were instructed to await orders for a coordinated response or rescue mission. The Americans in Benghazi seem to have been simply abandoned.

I guess I was making my point. I am not defending or trying to say what happen or didn't happen, but that is losing sight of the bigger question in this whole fiasco. People can go back and forth all day long on the tactical decisions but the WHY question is the one everyone needs an answer to.

An 81-year old man who did not even interview the key people in the chain of the command and a columnist who majored in Spanish Literature.

Ouch! I'm getting up in years too. Didn't know age was a disqualifier.

By the way, also ran across some fairly interesting polling over the weekend. 42 percent disapprove of the administration's handling of Benghazi; 27 percent approve. Numbers aren't that much different from Oct. '12 poll (41-32). Oct. numbers didn't seem to have had much effect in the election in Nov. What the GOP is trying to do is fire up the base -- make political hay while the sun shines. Should yield some results for the '14 mid-term, but highly doubt if this will impact the '16 presidential election.

By the way, also ran across some fairly interesting polling over the weekend. 42 percent disapprove of the administration's handling of Benghazi; 27 percent approve. Numbers aren't that much different from Oct. '12 poll (41-32). Oct. numbers didn't seem to have had much effect in the election in Nov. What the GOP is trying to do is fire up the base -- make political hay while the sun shines. Should yield some results for the '14 mid-term, but highly doubt if this will impact the '16 presidential election.

I agree. Unless it is Hillary. I have not felt like she is running anyways though.

No as of right now I believe you are right. But I do believe people should be fired.

I can agree with that. In our world ineptitude is handled by someone being fired. I don't have a problem with people 'in the know' being held accountable by being fired if their ineptitude can be proven.

Edited by PurplePride92

An 81-year old man who did not even interview the key people in the chain of the command and a columnist who majored in Spanish Literature. These are sources to guide opinion on a terrorist attack and failures of judgement, action and inaction?

Former and current law enforcement and military personnel seem to be better sources.

Lets avoid Rule #3:

* RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

And now it becomes a 'my sources are better than yours' argument.:idunno:

Again, we are not governed by polls.

I agree. Unless it is Hillary. I have not felt like she is running anyways though.

I expect Hillary to run in '16. American women of both political parties are eager for a female president. Only question mark would be her health.

The correct term for Pickering's report is 'whitewash'.