Benghazi...To paraphrase the left from several years ago...

People died and Obama/Clinton lied.

Anybody have any doubt that Barry and the boys are figuring out who to throw under the bus this time. Sorry Hillary.

By my count that's 3 terroist attacks with fatalities against American interests on this administration's watch.

Fort Hood, Benghazi and Boston.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People died and Obama/Clinton lied.

Anybody have any doubt that Barry and the boys are figuring out who to throw under the bus this time. Sorry Hillary.

By my count that's 3 terroist attacks with fatalities against American interests on this administration's watch.

Fort Hood, Benghazi and Boston.

Not saying I don't think this is certainly a web of lies...but it's not too much different from the circumstances surrounding the Pat Tillman death and the cover-up that followed by the Bush administration.

What I keep having run through my head over and over again is something Hilary said during one of her debates when she was running for the Democratic Nominee for President. That was when she was talking to one of her opponents when the subject was about National Security and said "Who do you trust to pick up that phone at 3 in the morning?"

Well truer words could not be said especially after seeing how she was the one who refused to "pick up that phone" when the Ambassador asked for help.

Not saying I don't think this is certainly a web of lies...but it's not too much different from the circumstances surrounding the Pat Tillman death and the cover-up that followed by the Bush administration.

How so????

What I keep having run through my head over and over again is something Hilary said during one of her debates when she was running for the Democratic Nominee for President. That was when she was talking to one of her opponents when the subject was about National Security and said "Who do you trust to pick up that phone at 3 in the morning?"

Well truer words could not be said especially after seeing how she was the one who refused to "pick up that phone" when the Ambassador asked for help.

What got me was her quote of "What does it matter now" in reference to Benghazi.

Guest Birdflu

Two wrongs don't make a right. It would nice to see politicians do what is right for the country and not for themselves. I know that is unrealistic, but it would be nice.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It would nice to see politicians do what is right for the country and not for themselves. I know that is unrealistic, but it would be nice.

Completely agree. I just get frustrated when the conservatives choose to overlook the Bush administration's coverup and deception regarding the killing of Pat Tillman's, yet they chose to wave the Benghazi cluster as a banner against the Obama administration.

Completely agree. I just get frustrated when the conservatives choose to overlook the Bush administration's coverup and deception regarding the killing of Pat Tillman's, yet they chose to wave the Benghazi cluster as a banner against the Obama administration.

I don't disagree but I don't recall if the deception about Tillman's death reached the level of the Secretary of State and President.

I don't disagree but I don't recall if the deception about Tillman's death reached the level of the Secretary of State and President.

What did they do, specifically?

What did they do, specifically?

That's what we're trying to still find out with the investigation, isn't it? Only thing I remember off the top of my head is that at first it was thrown off as a demonstration gone bad.

It was never proven to have reached that level. Key word: proven.

There is, however, a letter from then-Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld that was issued prior to Tillman's death stating that he was a special man that they needed to keep an eye on. And the Department of Defense had already been making every effort (albeit against Tillman's wishes) to use Tillman's choice to leave an NFL contract to enlist as an advertisement for what a "true American hero" should be. However, when it comes to the circumstances surrounding Tillman's death and the cover-up that followed, Rumsfeld was curiously hit with a case of the "I don't recalls" and "I have no recollections".

It was never proven to have reached that level. Key word: proven.

There is, however, a letter from then-Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld that was issued prior to Tillman's death stating that he was a special man that they needed to keep an eye on. And the Department of Defense had already been making every effort (albeit against Tillman's wishes) to use Tillman's choice to leave an NFL contract to enlist as an advertisement for what a "true American hero" should be. However, when it comes to the circumstances surrounding Tillman's death and the cover-up that followed, Rumsfeld was curiously hit with a case of the "I don't recalls" and "I have no recollections".

That does sound familiar, doesn't it? There must be a manual somewhere that they follow.

I'm sorry but I don't see the two events as equivalent. Tillman's death was tragic but he was a soldier killed in the line of duty by friendly fire. We lost an Ambassador in Benghazi and within a day the Obama administration was pushing the talking points that fit their agenda. Remember the Sunday talk show circuit that Susan Rice made.

I'm sorry but I don't see the two events as equivalent. Tillman's death was tragic but he was a soldier killed in the line of duty by friendly fire. We lost an Ambassador in Benghazi and within a day the Obama administration was pushing the talking points that fit their agenda. Remember the Sunday talk show circuit that Susan Rice made.

You're right. The events weren't exactly equivalent. However, they shared two very big things in common:

1) Neither was supposed to happen. US soldiers aren't supposed to kill US soldiers. Ambassadors aren't supposed to fall under attack and be killed.

2) Neither administration wanted to suffer the fallout and chose to cover up what had happened instead of dealing with the problem in a straightforward manner.