Bishop Brossart 5 Trinity 4

Junior Nate Verst was the Mustangs' starting pitcher, hurling three innings of baseball while allowing no hits.

Sophomore Clay Kramer came on in relief and pitched three innings giving way to Junior Connor Verst in the seventh inning who preserved the victory.

Verst was the pitcher of record in the top of the fourth when the Mustangs struck for four runs, with Tanner Norton providing the fire-power, launching a three-run home run after having driven in a run with a sacrafice fly. Verst was 2 of 3 on the day with an RBI double.

The Mustangs play LexCath today (Saturday) at 12Noon.

Trinity will always have good players, but their facilities hinder their ability to get the best Catholic kids from Louisville. Trinity has no on-campus field, and there home field at a public park on the river is, quite frankly, a dump. St. Xavier on the other hand has a glittering sports turf facility that it on-campus. I don't think Trinity will ever be able to overcome St. Xavier until they upgrade the facilities.

Are you telling me that a school of 1300 boys needs nice facilities in order to beat a school of 150 boys???? Give me a break...

Again, no disrespect to BB on this argument as clearly you were the better team here and then we get a response complaining about the facilities at T as an apparent excuse as to why T lost to BB. LOL

Are you telling me that a school of 1300 boys needs nice facilities in order to beat a school of 150 boys???? Give me a break...

Again, no disrespect to BB on this argument as clearly you were the better team here and then we get a response complaining about the facilities at T as an apparent excuse as to why T lost to BB. LOL

Football is King at Trinity. That is why its a "Football School". The majority of the resources, commitments etc. go into football. Trinity used to have a baseball field on campus, but opted for a new football stadium.... You see, its all Football. That's fine, just don't pretend to be committed to the other sports without the facilities...

What about Brossart's fascilities? :)

Football is King at Trinity. That is why its a "Football School". The majority of the resources, commitments etc. go into football. Trinity used to have a baseball field on campus, but opted for a new football stadium.... You see, its all Football. That's fine, just don't pretend to be committed to the other sports without the facilities...

Basketball is good for a football school.