Sheriff Jeff Kidwell of Campbell County vowes to protect the 2nd Amendment.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys go out of their way to sound like Charleston in 1860. The good news is that it won't take 600,000 deaths to show them how wrong they are. If Congress passes a law and the SC upholds it, they will fold like pup tents in a hurricane.

I, in all honesty, don't know about that. If they knew that locally upholding gun confiscations or arresting people for newly introduced gun legislation would cost them their elected positions, I could see them turning the other cheek. There have been many laws historically not upheld by local politicians. You are talking about two extremely conservative counties where such action could lose them a large amount of votes. On the other hand, the Campbell County Sheriff does little more than serve papers. The Boone County Sheriff, however, has over 100 officers working for him.

Sheriffs are the only Constitutionally defined law enforcement role. They are defined in every state constitution. They are the top law in every county.

It is also interesting that they are the head of the militia for a county. Remember that 'undefined' term mentioned as an aside in the 2nd Amendment? It is not so undefined.

Section_219

"The militia of the Commonwealth of Kentucky shall consist of all able-bodied male residents of the State between the ages of eighteen and forty-five years, except such persons as may be exempted by the laws of the State or of the United States."

I wonder if these Sherriff's employ investigative or analytical assistance from the FBI, and plan on continuing to do so? Had a school shooting in your county? Don't count on Federal support!!! Oh, and that federal funding you were counting on for school resource officers just had to be diverted!