How long before the leftys....

All Tell

Not in all public schools. And I am not convinced having such personnel actually help anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Average casualties during mass shootings in the U.S. indicate that if an armed responder is on sight, the casualties average just over two. If armed responders have to be called to the scene, the casualties have averaged over 14. What more convincing do you need?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average casualties during mass shootings in the U.S. indicate that if an armed responder is on sight, the casualties average just over two. If armed responders have to be called to the scene, the casualties have averaged over 14. What more convincing do you need?

More than that.

Like what? You would rather our children and teachers be kept in a defenseless position? What are the negatives?

Many negatives, the first of which is an armed presence in our schools. It's a matter of philosophy and my idea of freedom in America. You obviously don't agree.

No, but I have many of the same weapons they use.

Just because you have "many of the same weapons" doesn't mean you and your family get the same level of protection as the POTUS. Shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing the guys on SS have had better and more training than you.

Many negatives, the first of which is an armed presence in our schools. It's a matter of philosophy and my idea of freedom in America. You obviously don't agree.

So your saying we are less free if we have an armed presence in our school, but we shouldn't be free to arm ourselves in certain areas? What is your philosophy on freedom? Should we have a reasonable safety against armed criminals in our everyday lives? Should our children have the freedom of attending schools in a protected environment? What methods do you believe work best in stopping an armed shooter?

Just because you have "many of the same weapons" doesn't mean you and your family get the same level of protection as the POTUS. Shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing the guys on SS have had better and more training than you.

Folks, he'll be here all week.

Certainly, but that is training that I could choose to obtain if I so wished. It is available all over this country for the right price. Point being, if you take away my ability to have the same weapons, you take away my ability to provide equal protection.

Certainly, but that is training that I could choose to obtain if I so wished. It is available all over this country for the right price. Point being, if you take away my ability to have the same weapons, you take away my ability to provide equal protection.

There is no circumstance where you should be able to "provide equal protection" as what the POTUS gets. By the nature of the job, the POTUS should be the most protected person on Earth. Being able to stockpile a massive home arsenal doesn't mean the protection you are getting is equal. It just means you have more guns than you know what to do with.

There is no circumstance where you should be able to "provide equal protection" as what the POTUS gets. By the nature of the job, the POTUS should be the most protected person on Earth. Being able to stockpile a massive home arsenal doesn't mean the protection you are getting is equal. It just means you have more guns than you know what to do with.

No, but if I was wealthy enough I would be able to provide training and weapons to produce a security force comprable to the President's, not including the military. However, that would be impossible if the right to own those weapons were taken away. Why should't a citizen with the available resources be allowed to protect themselves and their families in a comprable manor?

No, but if I was wealthy enough I would be able to provide training and weapons to produce a security force comprable to the President's, not including the military. However, that would be impossible if the right to own those weapons were taken away. Why should't a citizen with the available resources be allowed to protect themselves and their families in a comprable manor?

I'm not arguing that point — you can have as many guns as you want if it makes you feel better. My point is that it's absurd for any Joe Citizen to expect the same level of protection that is afforded to whoever occupies the Oval Office.

I'm not arguing that point — you can have as many guns as you want if it makes you feel better. My point is that it's absurd for any Joe Citizen to expect the same level of protection that is afforded to whoever occupies the Oval Office.

Sure, but I find it very hypocrytical for someone to try and refuse the availability for armed protection to others, when they use it for themselves and their families. BTW, I am sure Obama was using armed protection long before he was POTUS.

Sure, but I find it very hypocrytical for someone to try and refuse the availability for armed protection to others, when they use it for themselves and their families. BTW, I am sure Obama was using armed protection long before he was POTUS.

I believed he was assigned Secret Service after the DNC in 2008. Maybe even before then. It was wise to do so.

And for the record, I understand and accept that the POTUS and his family should have highly skilled armed protection and mine shouldn't.